Thank you for visiting our Community Forum. For anything community-related please visit our SMB Network (https://www.payoneer.com/community/) or Resource Hub (https://www.payoneer.com/resources/). For support inquiries please visit http://paynr.co/ask.

It is possible using Payoneer without prepaid debit MasterCard?

gantengke1
gantengke1 Member Posts: 2
Hi, i am newbie in making money online

I use my payoneer account to get a payment from another source
but when i get a payment to my payoneer account, i need to activate my card first to make a withdraw to my local bank

it is possible using payoneer without prepaid debit MasterCard??,
maybe i got a crazy with this card fee. this fee is larger than my earning every month

i hope i got a solution this time

Thanks

Answers

• Adam_Payoneer
    Adam_Payoneer Administrator Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

It really depends on the country you apply from. Many of the countries Payoneer operates in have the default preference for withdrawing your pay directly to your bank without needing the card. Best place to check this is on Payoneer website by clicking here.

If you see your country mentioned, then you can withdraw the money to your bank without needing to even have the card. In this case, you should contact Payoneer support to see if they can cancel the card so you can cut back on fees associated to maintaining a card account.

Happy and willing to answer general questions.

For any inquiries directly associated to your Payoneer account, please contact Payoneer's Customer Care Support Center.

• gantengke1
    gantengke1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Adam,

Thanks for your nice reply, i already contact payoneer support, but i think they can't do it, they said that i need to create a new account directly through Payoneer so they can merge "my account with card" to "my new account without card". but i have been reject for non make sense reason

Thanks,
  • Adam_Payoneer
    Adam_Payoneer Administrator Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I understand the logic as I have experienced something similar with another provider.

It can literally take less time to create a new account rather than modify an existing one. While it may not seem obvious to the average user, there are several types of Payoneer account that each function differently from one another. The most common one the card based account as this was the only account type back int he early days.

Having a Payoneer MasterCard account as the core account type is like buying a reloadable gift card at the store. There is no online or virtual balance sitting with an institution, but instead the money is literally loaded to the card. if that card is not in your possession, there is no physical location you can go to in order to withdraw the funds.

The new account the Payoneer support advised you to reapply for is in a sense for a lack of a better term, like a business bank account. Even if you do not have the card, you can still access the money through a multitude of ways because the account is not purely focused or dependent on the card. While even here there is no physical account, but by just logging in you can withdraw the balance from your account to your local bank in order to gain physical access to the funds.

The difference between the two is small, I'll give you that, however the way the industry is nitpicky in regards to the two no can deny. I don't consider myself an industry expert, however I have been around the block long enough to witness these types of situations.

My advice, do as the customer support representative advised you and reapply from the website. At the end of the day, you will receive the newest account that is up to date which will be easier to perform updates on in the future compared to the card account. I am assuming that in the future Payoneer will develop a solution for similar situations, but today is not the day and there is no estimate time on when this will happen.

Happy and willing to answer general questions.

For any inquiries directly associated to your Payoneer account, please contact Payoneer's Customer Care Support Center.

• sherkhanshani
    sherkhanshani Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    I withdraw from fiver to Payoneer for like 3 years and it goes from payoneer to my local bank account. Which means I don't use the card but I pay annual fee.
    I still don't know how to go around with this? 2 months ago I asked this to payoneer CS and he set my payoneer account to direct deposit now I am not able to withdraw from fiverr.
    fiverr is giving me another card now.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,302

@sherkhanshani We replied to you on a separate thread already