Local Bank Transfer-Bank Account Number Has Changed

Hi, I am using your local bank transfer service, and today when I got "funds were transferred to your account" mail I noticed that last four numbers of my bank account were not the same as my bank account. I requested a payment a month ago and received it on my bank account ending in "1717", now it says it is ending in "6289", I haven't in any way changed my bank account - do I have any reasons to worry?

Comments

• DavidDavid Member Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am using your local bank transfer service, and today when I got "funds were transferred to your account" mail I noticed that last four numbers of my bank account were not the same as my bank account. I requested a payment a month ago and received it on my bank account ending in "1717", now it says it is ending in "6289", I haven't in any way changed my bank account - do I have any reasons to worry?

I am looking into this for you and will get you a response.

• DavidDavid Member Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I looked into the matter and when registering you provided an IBAN and account number. When we say "funds were transferred to your account ending in 6289” we mention the IBAN and not the account number. But bottom line is the money was sent to your bank account.

So no need to worry.

• MyxomatosisMyxomatosis Member Posts: 9
    David wrote:

Hey,

I looked into the matter and when registering you provided an IBAN and account number. When we say "funds were transferred to your account ending in 6289” we mention the IBAN and not the account number. But bottom line is the money was sent to your bank account.

So no need to worry.

Thanks for the response. I was a bit worried there, good to know everything is ok!