About My Local Bank Transfer [Important!]

mustafat21mustafat21 Member Posts: 9
edited April 2012 in Ask The Community
About $40 extra fee?
Hi all,

I'm a ShareCash member and I got payment 2 times via Payoneer Local Bank Transfer before. And there was no problem.

This is 3rd time I have requested payment from Sharecash via Payoneer Local Bank Transfer. Yesterday I have received my payment into my bank account but...

The amount I have requested from Sharecash was $176.91

The amount Payoneer sent to my bank account was $166.96 (after fee about $9.95)

Well, I was waiting about 289 TRY in my bank account as Payoneer said in e-mail after payment;

paymail.png

But money in my bank account is 216.25 TRY, not 289.56 TRY!

isislem.png

So about $40.00 has gone...Gone where?Gone Why?!

I went to my Bank branch, and talked with customer support.
They checked transaction and told me something like;

"Barclays Bank (which Payoneer works with, I think) sent your payment via AKBANK (another bank in my country)
And then AKBANK charged fee about 73,31 TRY (about $40.00)
Then AKBANK sent my money to My account on Bank of IS BANKASI..."

So What? Did I do mistake by trusting to Payoneer?

I thought that Payoneer is a trusted and professional payment system.
Why money came via another bank instead of my bank directly?
If I request payment again, this will happen again?!

Who can explain this to me?

Comments

• mustafat21mustafat21 Member Posts: 9
    So isn't here an Admin?
  • DavidDavid Member Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭
    mustafat21 wrote:

Hi all,

I'm a ShareCash member and I got payment 2 times via Payoneer Local Bank Transfer before. And there was no problem.

This is 3rd time I have requested payment from Sharecash via Payoneer Local Bank Transfer. Yesterday I have received my payment into my bank account but...

The amount I have requested from Sharecash was $176.91

The amount Payoneer sent to my bank account was $166.96 (after fee about $9.95)

Well, I was waiting about 289 TRY in my bank account as Payoneer said in e-mail after payment;

paymail.png

But money in my bank account is 216.25 TRY, not 289.56 TRY!

isislem.png

So about $40.00 has gone...Gone where?Gone Why?!

I went to my Bank branch, and talked with customer support.
    They checked transaction and told me something like;

"Barclays Bank (which Payoneer works with, I think) sent your payment via AKBANK (another bank in my country)
    And then AKBANK charged fee about 73,31 TRY (about $40.00)
    Then AKBANK sent my money to My account on Bank of IS BANKASI..."

So What? Did I do mistake by trusting to Payoneer?

I thought that Payoneer is a trusted and professional payment system.
    Why money came via another bank instead of my bank directly?
    If I request payment again, this will happen again?!

Who can explain this to me?

Hello Sir,

First of all thank you for visiting our forum.

My apologies for the delay in answering, I am looking into the matter for you.

edited April 2012
    David wrote:

Hello Sir,

First of all thank you for visiting our forum.

My apologies for the delay in answering, I am looking into the matter for you.

Thank you for your reply

I also sent a message to customer support from Payoneer main page about 2 days ago, but couldn't get an answer yet (ticket number: LTK529016413150X)

Waiting for your response, thank you...
    edited April 2012
    mustafat21 wrote:

Thank you for your reply

I also sent a message to customer support from Payoneer main page about 2 days ago, but couldn't get an answer yet (ticket number: LTK529016413150X)

Waiting for your response, thank you...

Hello Mustafa,

I have escalated the issue to the head of our payments department who will send you further details.

In general, when a payment is sent via SWIFT, the local banking network in your country processes it through intermediary banks until it reaches the destination bank account. This is how the service works regardless of the sender, and there is no control over which banks it passes through (this is determined by the banking network in your country). When passing through the intermediate banks they may impose additional fees for the transfer.

Thank you for your patience.

This is unacceptable!

I got 2 payments in previous months via Local Bank Transfer to same bank account. But there was no additional fee or something. Money came to my account directly!

So, What is different now? Why my money came via another bank? Maybe I don't know enough about banking, but I have chosen Payoneer, because it says that it is cheaper than other ways ($9,95 + %1 mass payment)

The Payoneer Local Bank Transfer at a glance:

- Cost-Effective - Cheaper than wires and checks. Great for large payments

International Wire transfer fee is about $35.00

Now I lost about $50.00 (including normal fee $9.95) for getting a payment via Payoneer Local Bank Transfer!

This is really unacceptable!

Now I really want to know that Did I make mistake by trusting to Payoneer?

Also I won't use Payoneer for my next payments if this happen again!
    mustafat21 wrote:

This is unacceptable!

I got 2 payments in previous months via Local Bank Transfer to same bank account. But there was no additional fee or something. Money came to my account directly!

So, What is different now? Why my money came via another bank? Maybe I don't know enough about banking, but I have chosen Payoneer, because it says that it is cheaper than other ways ($9,95 + %1 mass payment)

International Wire transfer fee is about $35.00

Now I lost about $50.00 (including normal fee $9.95) for getting a payment via Payoneer Local Bank Transfer!

This is really unacceptable!

Now I really want to know that Did I make mistake by trusting to Payoneer?

Also I won't use Payoneer for my next payments if this happen again!

The money came via another bank because that is how SWIFT works. As I explained before when a payment is sent via SWIFT, the local banking network in your country processes it through intermediary banks until it reaches the destination bank account.
    This is how the service works regardless of the sender, and there is no control over which banks it passes through (this is determined by the banking network in your country). When passing through the intermediate banks they may impose additional fees for the transfer.

This process which is being used by the banking network in Turkey, would be applied to all SWIFT transfers, regardless the sender or person receiving.

As I said, you will be receiving an email with further details soon.

:(

I say;

So, What is different now?

Same account, same payment method... Why I received my previous payment exactly without extra fees?

Can't I tell this? or is it difficult to understand?

* Payoneer sent me payment on February and I received my payment without extra fee...

* Payoneer sent me payment on March and I received my payment without extra fee...

* Payoneer sent me payment on April and I received my payment less about $40.00, Total fee about $50.00

What is different now??

Same Method, Same IBAN, Same SWIFT....
    edited April 2012
    There is no difference in the way Payoneer sent it, it simply looks like your local bank network processed it through a different intermediary bank, and that intermediary bank unfortunately charged you a fee.

edited April 2012
    My Bank's Customer support told me that Barclays Bank sent money to a different intermediary bank (AKBANK)

• So it's my fault?
    • It is my fault, money was processed through a different intermediary bank?
    • It is my fault because of chosen Payoneer?
    • If there is a mistake, who made it?
    • Why it did not happen previous paymentS?
    • And the most important; How can I know next time it will happen again or not?!

Lots of questions but no answer, My $40.00 has gone...

You are still saying same thing... your local bank network...your local bank network....your local bank network.........
    I am sorry you are not satisfied, I have escalated the matter to the head of our payment department who has sent you an email.

If you have any questions please reply directly to the email and she will be more than happy to assist you.

This discussion has been closed.