"outstanding Authorization" Status

Jeremy LJeremy L Posts: 1Member
OK. Went to a store tried to buy something.. first time i put my card through i put my pin number in too quickly, the guys started talking to each other in korean told me i had to do it again.. they run my card again, i put my pin number in and the transaction is declined.. First thing i do when i get home is check my account and the funds where labeled as "Pre-Auth Transaction" ... couple days later it is now listed as a complete transaction.. the email payoneer support sent me says it is in "outstanding authorization" status and that the money should be back in my account in 7-10 days...

i confronted the store owner/worker and he denies the transaction went through... I've always thought this corner store was suspicious and shady and i doubt i will be getting my money back. and since the store owner denies my claim i have no chance at filling out the "merchant form" .... Am i out of luck?? dont see what else i can do since the store owner denies this.

Comments

• NissimNissim Head of Community Posts: 4,013Administrator ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Jeremy L wrote:

OK. Went to a store tried to buy something.. first time i put my card through i put my pin number in too quickly, the guys started talking to each other in korean told me i had to do it again.. they run my card again, i put my pin number in and the transaction is declined.. First thing i do when i get home is check my account and the funds where labeled as "Pre-Auth Transaction" ... couple days later it is now listed as a complete transaction.. the email payoneer support sent me says it is in "outstanding authorization" status and that the money should be back in my account in 7-10 days...

i confronted the store owner/worker and he denies the transaction went through... I've always thought this corner store was suspicious and shady and i doubt i will be getting my money back. and since the store owner denies my claim i have no chance at filling out the "merchant form" .... Am i out of luck?? dont see what else i can do since the store owner denies this.

Hey Jeremy,

Sometimes a transaction that a merchant tries to process, that gets caught in their system, will still show up in your account as an outstanding authorization. When this happens, it normally will expires after a set amount of time (usually up to 7 business days) as the merchant never processes it.

If you can PM me the e-mail address on your account, I'll be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks,
    Nissim
    Director of Community at Payoneer
  • lintrovertlintrovert Posts: 5Member
    I have sent multiple emails asking if outstanding authorization will affect my incoming salary from Upwork but no one has replied for days. At the moment, my balance is $0 and below is the last email 6 days ago.

"The $200+ transaction has been paid back, however the $200+ is still pending. Please note that the transaction in question is an outstanding authorization, meaning the transaction is pending the merchant's authorization and has not yet been charged.Your outstanding authorization will be automatically released back into your account on 01/06/2017. However, if the merchant chooses to charge the transaction before the release date then the funds will not be released back into your account and you may dispute the charge by contacting us."

I am about to withdraw my pay from Upwork and I'm nervous that it will charge the outstanding authorization. Please advise