problems getting card authorized

hi all,

I'm having trouble getting my payoneer prepaid MasterCard authorized when I try to make purchases online. It's hit and miss. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.Recently I've tried to pay at Hulu.com and Ticketmaster.com  and both told me they could  authorized the transaction. Other transactions in the same time span with for example Siteground.com or Netflix.com worked just fine.

Usually when I pay in store I've never had any trouble.

Why is this? it's happened at regular intervals over several months now, so it's not a one-off.

Thanks for any tips

Cheers

Chris

Answers

• NissimNissim Head of Community Administrator Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Chris,

The card works in the vast majority of online sites. With Hulu and Ticketmaster specifically, it may be related to the card's issuing bank. Specific US merchants will require that you use a card that is issued by a US bank (I know personally I had the same issue with Ticketmaster). As not all Payoneer cards are issued by US banks, this may result in the merchant not allowing the transaction.

To confirm if the merchant has this requirement, I would suggest contacting them directly.

• chrisatlemonchrisatlemon Member Posts: 5

Thanks Nissim!

How can I find out what my issuing bank is? I actually thought it was a US bank, I have the US payment service which is associated to First Century Bank.

I also had troubles buying tickets from Ticketmaster here in Spain, so I don't think it's a region specific problem. Are there any logs which allow us to see why a transaction was denied? Or do these not even reach Payoneer?

Many thanks again

Chris

• getahunbekelegetahunbekele Member Posts: 1
    To withdraw money from ATM machines in Ethiopia and the response of machine is " application label : Not authorized " then what can I do to solve the problem?
    Thank you!
    Getahun Bekele Wega
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76 ✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.