Unauthorized Transactions On My Card

PeruvianProPeruvianPro Posts: 59Member ✭✭
Had $225.19, tried to Withdraw $200... Insufficient funds
Hello,

It's very sad to me to write this. I received money from PayPal today. I had a total of $225.19. I went to my local ATM to withdraw $200.00. I inserted the card, typed my PIN and choose to withdraw $200.00. All I got was a message stating there were "Insufficient Funds". I tried in three different ATMs in the same place (a local bank called Interbank) but I got the same message. Those ATMs charge $6.60 per withdrawing $200, so I knew there was plenty of money to withdraw $200.00.

Since I wasn't able to withdraw anything, I went to the supermarket which is two blocks away and tried in two different ATMs. I couldn't withdraw anything. After trying for the fifth time, I made a balance inquiry and got a voucher stating I had a total of $39.74. The voucher is timestamped 17:29. (18:29 EST). I went home thinking there should be a mistake or something. I came home and checked my balance and all I had was $14.09. I changed my PIN number at 17:52 (18:52 EST) and the ghost transactions stopped after that.

Could you please tell me what to do? I am enclosing a screenshot of the amount I had before going to the ATM. I always take one of those before doing any transactions.

It took me 3 weeks of work to make the money I received through PayPal and I have no money left right now.

PLEASE HELP ME!

Patricia

FYI, I already called Interbank and explained the problem. They say they cannot help because I am using a foreign card and they cannot check those transactions.

Comments

• DavidDavid Posts: 3,556Member ✭✭

Hello,

It's very sad to me to write this. I received money from PayPal today. I had a total of $225.19. I went to my local ATM to withdraw $200.00. I inserted the card, typed my PIN and choose to withdraw $200.00. All I got was a message stating there were "Insufficient Funds". I tried in three different ATMs in the same place (a local bank called Interbank) but I got the same message. Those ATMs charge $6.60 per withdrawing $200, so I knew there was plenty of money to withdraw $200.00.

Since I wasn't able to withdraw anything, I went to the supermarket which is two blocks away and tried in two different ATMs. I couldn't withdraw anything. After trying for the fifth time, I made a balance inquiry and got a voucher stating I had a total of $39.74. The voucher is timestamped 17:29. (18:29 EST). I went home thinking there should be a mistake or something. I came home and checked my balance and all I had was $14.09. I changed my PIN number at 17:52 (18:52 EST) and the ghost transactions stopped after that.

Could you please tell me what to do? I am enclosing a screenshot of the amount I had before going to the ATM. I always take one of those before doing any transactions.

It took me 3 weeks of work to make the money I received through PayPal and I have no money left right now.

PLEASE HELP ME!

Patricia

FYI, I already called Interbank and explained the problem. They say they cannot help because I am using a foreign card and they cannot check those transactions.

Hello Patricia,

I have looked at your information and see that after your first attempted ATM withdrawal the money which you entered was taken from the account.

If you did not receive the money you should contact our customer support immediately and request to file a chargeback with the bank. They will send you a form to fill out and help guide you through the process.

http://www.payoneer.com/contactUs.aspx

• PeruvianProPeruvianPro Posts: 59Member ✭✭
    Hello David,

Thank you for your reply. Fortunately, part of the problem has been solved. The money was reversed early today. However, the 5 different attempts I did resulted in -4.50 in my account (see below). Since these charges were caused by the fact that I wasn't able to withdraw the $200 in the first place, could you please refund the 4.50? It costs me 6.60 to withdraw 200 so every single penny counts for me.

Thank you,
    Patricia

04/23/2012 15:28 AV.AREQUIPA 2230 PLZA. $0.90
    04/23/2012 15:27 AV.AREQUIPA 2230 PLZA. $0.90
    04/23/2012 15:27 AV. AREQUIPA 2230 $0.90
    04/23/2012 15:24 AV. PETIT THOUARS 2100 $0.90
    04/23/2012 15:23 AV.PETIT THOUARS 2100 $0.90

David wrote:

Hello Patricia,

I have looked at your information and see that after your first attempted ATM withdrawal the money which you entered was taken from the account.

If you did not receive the money you should contact our customer support immediately and request to file a chargeback with the bank. They will send you a form to fill out and help guide you through the process.

http://www.payoneer.com/contactUs.aspx
  • DavidDavid Posts: 3,556Member ✭✭

Hello David,

Thank you for your reply. Fortunately, part of the problem has been solved. The money was reversed early today. However, the 5 different attempts I did resulted in -4.50 in my account (see below). Since these charges were caused by the fact that I wasn't able to withdraw the $200 in the first place, could you please refund the 4.50? It costs me 6.60 to withdraw 200 so every single penny counts for me.

Thank you,
    Patricia

04/23/2012 15:28 AV.AREQUIPA 2230 PLZA. $0.90
    04/23/2012 15:27 AV.AREQUIPA 2230 PLZA. $0.90
    04/23/2012 15:27 AV. AREQUIPA 2230 $0.90
    04/23/2012 15:24 AV. PETIT THOUARS 2100 $0.90
    04/23/2012 15:23 AV.PETIT THOUARS 2100 $0.90

Hey,

I am sorry but I cannot help you with this, you need to contact our customer support department and discuss the matter with them. http://www.payoneer.com/contactUs.aspx