Are Pending Authorizations already deducted from the Card Balance?

Are Pending Authorizations already deducted from the Card Balance, or will those transactions be deducted later? Does the Card Balance show the balance before or after the Pending Authorizations?

Comments

• RomiRomi Community Manager Member Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭

An outstanding authorization is when a merchant places a hold on a certain amount of funds on your card to verify that you have sufficient funds to pay for the transaction. Some merchants' agreements with MasterCard allow them to pre-authorize smaller or larger amounts than the expected transaction.

If the amount pre-authorized is bigger than the actual transaction amount, the remaining funds may be held for several days before being released back to your available balance (the number of days depends on the merchant type).

Romi

Community Manager at Payoneer

Find us on Facebook & Twitter

• silkpenguinsilkpenguin Member Posts: 2

Thanks for answering, but I still don't know: do I have to make sure there are funds in the total balance to cover the pending authorizations, or have those pending authorizations already been deducted from the amount shown in the total card balance?

• RomiRomi Community Manager Member Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭

The funds are not deducted but they're "frozen" - so the amount is removed from your balance. Once it's released it will reflect in your balance.

Romi

Community Manager at Payoneer

Find us on Facebook & Twitter

• umamumam Member Posts: 4
    we received a gift. I've pulled but the money does not come out of an ATM machine. whereas our money in the balance has been depleted. where my money
  • umamumam Member Posts: 4
    we received a gift. I've pulled but the money does not come out of an ATM machine. whereas our money in the balance has been depleted. where my money