number of tries exceeded message

dnddnd Member Posts: 2

I tried to withdraw money using my payoneer card for the second time today (I've used it many times before this; I mean the second time in one day). The first time and every previous time it has worked fine, but this afternoon I received this message from an ATM at HSBC: Number of Tries Exceeded. I hadn't tried more than once unless count the withdrawal I made in the morning. Are we restricted to only one atm withdrawal per day? I know I didn't exceed the maximum withdrawal amount for a day. I also know I entered the correct pin number. The atm didn't indicate the pin number was incorrect; it appeared to accept it. What is happening and how can I start using my card again?

Comments

• RomiRomi Community Manager Member Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭

Hi,

You're not restricted to 1 withdrawal a day. You can use the ATM up to 10 times every 24 hours or withdraw up to $2,500 per 24 hours.

I see that you did withdraw a small amount yesterday. Please always make sure you have funds on the card before trying to withdraw.

Perhaps this message was just an ATM error.

Romi

Community Manager at Payoneer

Find us on Facebook & Twitter

• dnddnd Member Posts: 2

I'll go out and try again today. I am sure there was more than enough money in the account at the time this happened. The message did not indicate anything about insufficient funds. If I still have problems today, I'll be back. In the meantime, thanks for the info.