180 Days To Fix Fraud!

chrisachrisa Posts: 1Member
I found 16 fraudulent charges on my card. The card was never out of my hands. When I first filed I was told it would take 4 weeks to get the money back. I was told today 180 days. I have nothing good to say about this service. I will do everything in my power to make sure the company I have this card through looks for another service. That will be 17000+- less users.

Comments

• NissimNissim Head of Community Posts: 4,013Administrator ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    chrisa wrote:

I found 16 fraudulent charges on my card. The card was never out of my hands. When I first filed I was told it would take 4 weeks to get the money back. I was told today 180 days. I have nothing good to say about this service. I will do everything in my power to make sure the company I have this card through looks for another service. That will be 17000+- less users.

Chrisa,

I'm sorry to hear about the fraudulent charges on your account. While we do the best we can to provide the highest security possible, the reality of the world we live in is that things like this do happen.

Disputing a charge is done by our card processor in coordination with MasterCard, and processing times are determined by many factors, including laws and regulations that force us to allow merchants a set period of time to make their case. For these reasons, it takes a set amount of time for disputes to be settled.

In any event, I would like to contact our Customer Support department regarding this issue. Please PM me the e-mail address on your account, and I'll look into it.

Thanks,
    Nissim
    Director of Community at Payoneer
  • matt.jess24matt.jess24 Posts: 14Member ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    I also had to dispute a transaction and asked around back when I had to do it for details. I spoke to a few people and I think the 180 days is a maximum time, but I'm not sure. I know some people who had it finish before the 180 days. I think thats just the longest it can take in case there is a problem but I know that legally it has to wait at least a certain amount of time. I would definitely get in touch with them to double check though.
  • TaliaTalia Moderator Posts: 514Member ✭✭
    Hi Chrisa,

Like Nissim said, it really isn't up to us. It takes us a couple days at most to file the charge, but it has to go through our processor. It typically DOES take than the 180 days, but that's just in case.

I'm really sorry you are so frustrated, but you will find that it will be the same time frame for any other company with a credit card as well.

Please send Nissim the information he requested so he can at least get it out of Payoneer as quickly as possible and into the processor's hands.
    Talia
  • mirceamircea Posts: 34Member ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    It happened to me in the past ( 2006 ) and with a CC issued by a bank that is on 2nd position on European market !
    Took around 4 month to recover 1k ...and i was lucky that the card had a spending limit on it and i noticed same day .
    So this procedure is slow on any bank and i can bet is not depending on Payoneer at all .
    What Payoneer can do and i already triggered that in another post is force the issuer bank to give them chip cards (EMV).
    On a chip card you can go relax on any POS payment, this technology is running in EU from few years, and is unbreakable card can't be copied . With my standard credit card here i can pay with no stress in any Point of sell but the same thing i can;t do with your magnetic stripe only card that can be cloned in a flash .
    So all time i am receiving money on Payoneer i instantly go and ATM withdrawn, from a ATM closed inside a bank branch , and leave just grocery money on it and even on shops i pay only at one that looks trusted .
    It is a frustrating situation that can vanish by replacing the cards with new types of EMV cards even if the client will support the fees . If you would have that option i would blindly pay a fee to change it !
    This will be in benefit of Payoneer also that will have a considerable lowered down number on claims to solve .
    Please consider this also is the second time i am ringing a bell !
    Cheers !
    Hey Chris,

I've sent you a PM with further details.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Nissim
    Chris,

I was notified that this dispute has been settled and the amount in question has been refunded to your account.

If you have any other questions or comments, please feel free ;)

Thanks,
    Nissim