Odesk And Payoneer

FreelancerFreelancer Member Posts: 1
edited May 2012 in Freelancers
Right now I have US$5000 in oDesk. I wish to transfer this fund to my bank account in Singapore. FYI, I'm not a Singaporean and not living in Singapore(no Singapore visa of any kind). Is it possible to do this with Payoneer? Can someone please explain the procedure and charges that apply for this particular case? Please be advised that my earnings are in US dollars and my Singapore bank account is also a USD account, so I prefer USD transfer (so no conversion along the way). I would really appreciate if anyone can show me the breakdown of the process (just how much money will be left after it's left Payoneer system to other third party that may involve. You don't need to explain the calculation of the fund once it's left Payoneer because clearly it's not within Payoneer's control). At first I consider Skrill. But when they said they'd charge 1.9% of the total fund, I feel very disgusted. Also, when I've uploaded all US$5000 to Payoneer, Is it possible to transfer the entire US$5000 to my Singapore bank leaving Payoneer balance zero? Thank you very much.

Comments

  • zackazzackaz Member Posts: 1
    Hey there....

    I just got paid today from Odesk.com to My old Payoneer Card that have been Deactivated...
    I dont want my old card to reactivated because I already order new card and already approved and now waiting for the Card to arrive.

    My question is
    Can my payment from Odesk.com to my old Payoneer card transferred to my new card ???
    Because the email address is different for old card and new card..

    Can i Change Withdrawal Method by Payoneer in Odesk.com with my new Payoneer card???

    I have contacts Payoneer Support, but i have to wait for 4 days..
    that too slow..

    Thanks.
  • NissimNissim Head of Community Administrator Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

    Please PM me with the e-mail address on both accounts, and I will be more than glad to assist you.
  • zackazzackaz Member Posts: 1
    Nissim wrote:

    Hi,

    Please PM me with the e-mail address on both accounts, and I will be more than glad to assist you.


    I've PM you the email address
    Thanks for your attention to my problem
  • DavidDavid Member Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Freelancer wrote:

    Right now I have US$5000 in oDesk. I wish to transfer this fund to my bank account in Singapore. FYI, I'm not a Singaporean and not living in Singapore(no Singapore visa of any kind). Is it possible to do this with Payoneer? Can someone please explain the procedure and charges that apply for this particular case? Please be advised that my earnings are in US dollars and my Singapore bank account is also a USD account, so I prefer USD transfer (so no conversion along the way). I would really appreciate if anyone can show me the breakdown of the process (just how much money will be left after it's left Payoneer system to other third party that may involve. You don't need to explain the calculation of the fund once it's left Payoneer because clearly it's not within Payoneer's control). At first I consider Skrill. But when they said they'd charge 1.9% of the total fund, I feel very disgusted. Also, when I've uploaded all US$5000 to Payoneer, Is it possible to transfer the entire US$5000 to my Singapore bank leaving Payoneer balance zero? Thank you very much.


    Hey,

    Welcome and thank you for visiting our forums.

    Please note that oDesk does not provide our LBT Service.

    Here are answers for your questions that can apply to participating partners for LBT.

    You can sign up for our LBT Service if your bank account is in another country. During the sign up process you will be asked at one point where you live and then later on in the process you will have to fill in the bank information, including country.

    When you decide to withdraw the money from the Payoneer partner you work with, it goes automatically to the bank account, it does not sit in a Payoneer account, and we have no limits on how much you can withdraw.

    I am going to send you a private message with further information.

    Sign up for Payoneer and the US Payment Service

  • Farhan Nur AlamFarhan Nur Alam Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2012
    My payoneer is blocked.Now how can I withdraw money from odesk through payoneer.Please help.
  • DavidDavid Member Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭

    My payoneer is blocked.Now how can I withdraw money from odesk through payoneer.Please help.


    Hey,

    If you would like to reactivate your account, please contact our customer support and they will assist you. http://bit.ly/xLWavB

    Sign up for Payoneer and the US Payment Service

  • ChantlaeChantlae Member Posts: 0
    Hello,
    I'm a freelance writer and I'm going to receive an oDesk card tied to Payoneer. I also wanted to enroll at http://www.academia-research.com/ and out of the valid options for me they have an ACH transfer and a wired one (SWIFT I believe). Question is, can I upload funds onto an oDesk card with either of those two methods and what would be the requisites for that? Last, but not the least, I live outside of US if that counts for anything.

    Thanks in advance.
  • DavidDavid Member Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭
    Chantlae wrote:

    Hello,
    I'm a freelance writer and I'm going to receive an oDesk card tied to Payoneer. I also wanted to enroll at http://www.academia-research.com/ and out of the valid options for me they have an ACH transfer and a wired one (SWIFT I believe). Question is, can I upload funds onto an oDesk card with either of those two methods and what would be the requisites for that? Last, but not the least, I live outside of US if that counts for anything.

    Thanks in advance.


    Hey,

    You can have multiple partners on one Payoneer Card and academia-research is a Payoneer partner.

    To learn how to add multiple partners to one card, you can read our tutorial guide from our blog http://bit.ly/HyY8Zf.

    Sign up for Payoneer and the US Payment Service

  • caribmikecaribmike Member Posts: 1
    Hi David,

    not sure if I understand. I am with oDesk and have the Payoneer card. Usually I split my funds up, money for online shopping goes on my card and the rest to my bank account via (expensive) wire transfer.

    Is there a way for me to use LBT AND card? So, basically replacing the "wire transfer part" with your LBT service? I am in the DR.

    Can you help me to get that right please?

    Thank you very much!
  • DavidDavid Member Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭
    caribmike wrote:

    Hi David,

    not sure if I understand. I am with oDesk and have the Payoneer card. Usually I split my funds up, money for online shopping goes on my card and the rest to my bank account via (expensive) wire transfer.

    Is there a way for me to use LBT AND card? So, basically replacing the "wire transfer part" with your LBT service? I am in the DR.

    Can you help me to get that right please?

    Thank you very much!


    Hi,

    Welcome to our forums.

    Currently, oDesk does not support payments with Payoneer's LBT Service.

    Additionally, we do not support having the Payoneer Card and LBT on the same account.

    Sign up for Payoneer and the US Payment Service

  • z_abc_001z_abc_001 Member Posts: 9
    Hello,

    I have a payoneer card associated with my odesk account only

    Deleting my odesk account, will cancel my payoneer card or not ?
    If not, DO I have to link another partner to the card ? , or the card can be active without any partner associated to it ?

    Thanks a lot ...
  • DavidDavid Member Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭
    z_abc_001 wrote:

    Hello,

    I have a payoneer card associated with my odesk account only

    Deleting my odesk account, will cancel my payoneer card or not ?
    If not, DO I have to link another partner to the card ? , or the card can be active without any partner associated to it ?

    Thanks a lot ...


    The purpose of the Payoneer card is to receive payments from Payoneer partners or select US Corporations via our US Payment Service. You do not need to delete a partner from the card, it does not cost money to have them on there.

    How do you intend to use your card with no partner?

    Sign up for Payoneer and the US Payment Service

  • z_abc_001z_abc_001 Member Posts: 9
    David wrote:

    The purpose of the Payoneer card is to receive payments from Payoneer partners or select US Corporations via our US Payment Service. You do not need to delete a partner from the card, it does not cost money to have them on there.

    How do you intend to use your card with no partner?



    Hi,
    Thanks for your reply,

    I don't want to delete the partner from my card, But I want to delete my membership at odesk.com , & leave my card open for further use with another partner,
    So, I'm asking whether deleting my membership at odesk.com will lead to canceling my card or not ?

    Thanks a lot ...
  • DavidDavid Member Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭
    z_abc_001 wrote:



    Hi,
    Thanks for your reply,

    I don't want to delete the partner from my card, But I want to delete my membership at odesk.com , & leave my card open for further use with another partner,
    So, I'm asking whether deleting my membership at odesk.com will lead to canceling my card or not ?

    Thanks a lot ...


    Hi,

    It will not lead to your card being canceled. However, an extended period of inactivity may cause your card to be blocked.

    Sign up for Payoneer and the US Payment Service

  • renemakinanorenemakinano Member Posts: 2
    Hi Admin David,

    I also have the same problem with z_abc_001. I order my Payoneer MasterCard thru oDesk membership. Now I am not active at oDesk but I have a new partner SFI TripleClicks which recently associated to my card. If after few months for being not active in oDesk and they will cancel my membership on them, is my Payoneer MasterCard will be blocked too?

    Thank you.
  • DavidDavid Member Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭

    Hi Admin David,

    I also have the same problem with z_abc_001. I order my Payoneer MasterCard thru oDesk membership. Now I am not active at oDesk but I have a new partner SFI TripleClicks which recently associated to my card. If after few months for being not active in oDesk and they will cancel my membership on them, is my Payoneer MasterCard will be blocked too?

    Thank you.


    As long as your card is active with payments, then it will not be blocked. Even if you are no longer receiving payments from the partner you originally ordered the card from.

    Sign up for Payoneer and the US Payment Service

  • affonlineaffonline Member Posts: 3
    David wrote:

    As long as your card is active with payments, then it will not be blocked. Even if you are no longer receiving payments from the partner you originally ordered the card from.



    Well, that is great to know, once I actually have the card.

    ** I had to chime in on this one, due to not knowing about the above, prior to reading about it here. Kudos, David. :)
  • PiashPiash Member Posts: 0
    Inactive account
    I got my card many days ago. It's inactive now. So far I know if I transfer money then it will be activated again. I just transferred my money from odesk to card.
    Now i want to reactivate my card. I forgot my password. But the matter is when i give the mail address and forgot password button then it's giving me wrong details. I need the help as early as possible. My ticket no is: LTK12129070060945X

    thanks
    Piash
  • DavidDavid Member Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭
    Piash wrote:

    I got my card many days ago. It's inactive now. So far I know if I transfer money then it will be activated again. I just transferred my money from odesk to card.
    Now i want to reactivate my card. I forgot my password. But the matter is when i give the mail address and forgot password button then it's giving me wrong details. I need the help as early as possible. My ticket no is: LTK12129070060945X

    thanks
    Piash


    Hi Piash,

    I have forwarded your information to a support manager, they will review it and get back to you.

    Sign up for Payoneer and the US Payment Service

  • chandrachandra Member Posts: 0

    Could you help me...

     

    I received this email from Payoneer after I opened the account payoneer through oDesk. I had to transfer my payoneer account through oDesk. My Payoneer account whether approved or not.

    could you help me, how to check the status of my Payoneer account.

     


     

    Dear Chandra Aulya,

    We are happy to inform you that your application for a Payoneer account has been received and that you have just one more step left before we can review it.

    Once you have an available balance in your oDesk account to make a withdrawal, please go to your oDesk wallet and click "withdraw" to perform the withdrawal to your Payoneer account.

    Please contact us as soon as you submit a withdrawal so we can review your Payoneer account applications and send you your card.

    Your reference number for this matter is: 2109298.

    Need more help? Please reply to this message, contact us using our Payoneer Contact Form , and/or chat live with us Sunday-Friday, 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM (EST).

  • NissimNissim Head of Community Administrator Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Your application is under review, and you will receive an updated within the next 24-48 hours.

  • akatsakats Member Posts: 14 ✭✭

    i also did my  application through odesk.l just hope mine is under review to receive my payment from them soon.thanks

  • workinodeskworkinodesk Member Posts: 1

    Dear Chandra Aulya,

     

    I am also working in odesk and also using payoneer debit card, and I love that and you are also lucky that you choose this payment method in odesk this is very helpful. As you mentioned that you recived an email that also includes the Ref #. Don't worry about any thing soon you will recive the address vaification letter from payoneer all the details will be there as you will enter that detail in your payoneer account your account will be active. 

  • zillur00zillur00 Member Posts: 1

    Hello,

     

    I initially applied payonner card through oDesk . In confirmation mail i got  "I need to withdraw money from oDesk to receive the card physically" . But I hadn't no balance then.

     

    Later for other purpose, I again applied for payonner card with different email and I got the card physically.  Now what should I do ? keep both account? by this time, I linked elance account with direct payonner card.

     

    when I log in payonner account through oDesk  link account i get charge 3$ per month(36$/year)  and initial charge also. But when log in my later account I get 29$ per year. So my understanding is second account costs less to maintain. 

     

    Please help me understanding the fact

  • SteamDzSteamDz Member Posts: 10 ✭✭

    He Will Help You Payoneer :startle:

    Want US Payment From Payoneer And earn $25 Here Click :

     

    http://share.payoneer-affiliates.com/a/clk/52JcRh

Sign In or Register to comment.