Extra 3$ fee for nothing or just bad exchanging rate?

Hello,

I have been extremely satisfy with Payoneer service, was really surprised how this service works, but I have a problem now and please help me to understand what happened here.

Check out this screenshot:

http://gyazo.com/fb70776c83e9fb9079f2893a3f7d3fa5

I don't understand how 960RSD became $14,28. because according to MasterCard exchange rates it should be around $11.35 :/

It's around $3 difference, and as I have understood, it has fees only if I withdraw from ATM ($3.15 per transaction), and that there are no fees for simple terminal purchasement, is that right?

Regards,

Comments

• RomiRomi Community Manager Member Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Please note that the conversion is calculated at time of transaction, according to MasterCard's rate. In addition, MasterCard can charge a fee for cross-border transactions.

I also see that this transaction is under the pending authorization transactions, which means that the merchant has places a hold on the funds and still needs to release them. Once the merchant releases the funds, the amount may be adjusted to less than appears now.

Romi

Community Manager at Payoneer

Find us on Facebook & Twitter

• AndrejDSAndrejDS Member Posts: 5
    Romi wrote on March 16 2014, 2:39 PM: »

Hi,

Please note that the conversion is calculated at time of transaction, according to MasterCard's rate. In addition, MasterCard can charge a fee for cross-border transactions.

I also see that this transaction is under the pending authorization transactions, which means that the merchant has places a hold on the funds and still needs to release them. Once the merchant releases the funds, the amount may be adjusted to less than appears now.

Yes I know that the exchange rate depends on time of transaction, but there is no exchange rate that can bounce like that :)

Anyway, thanks for answer, however I have asked a friend of mine that uses same card in the same city, and he said something like you mentioned here, and that it will be fixed after some time, when merchant releases the funds.

I will let you know if happens.

• RomiRomi Community Manager Member Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭

Yes - I just mentioned the conversion fee as a basic thing.

You should see the correct amount deducted once the funds are released by the merchant.

Romi

Community Manager at Payoneer

Find us on Facebook & Twitter