What's the phone number for?

burnburn Member Posts: 42 ✭✭

So I was required enter a phone number to use the web interface. How is it going to be used?

Comments

• RomiRomi Community Manager Member Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭

If you're referring to providing a phone number during registration this is in case we need to contact you regarding payments, from customer support etc.

Romi

Community Manager at Payoneer

Find us on Facebook & Twitter

• burnburn Member Posts: 42 ✭✭

No, not during registration. The profile was inaccessible until I provided a phone number.

What happens when I move to another country, change the phone number?

• RomiRomi Community Manager Member Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2014

I see - this is a security check. The phone number is to confirm that it's you accessing the account and not someone else. If you move and change a phone number you should edit these details in your account.

Romi

Community Manager at Payoneer

Find us on Facebook & Twitter

What's the security if it can be just changed?

burn wrote on March 31 2014, 1:09 PM: »

What's the security if it can be just changed?

?

• BarBar Community Manager Guest Posts: 60

Having an updated telephone number is important for us to be able to confirm this information in the future. The number can only be changed by logging into your Payoneer account.

Please keep in mind that this is just one added level of security, in addition to the many other security features associated with your Payoneer account.

Bar wrote on April 13 2014, 3:00 PM: »

Having an updated telephone number is important for us to be able to confirm this information in the future. The number can only be changed by logging into your Payoneer account.

Please keep in mind that this is just one added level of security, in addition to the many other security features associated with your Payoneer account.

Which information?

• NissimNissim Head of Community Administrator Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

As Bar mentioned, Payoneer may ask you to confirm various account details when performing certain actions, to ensure the financial security of your account. For this reason, we may at times ask you to verify or update your account information, as in the case you experienced when logging into your account (in this case your telephone number).

Nissim wrote on April 13 2014, 6:09 PM: »

As Bar mentioned, Payoneer may ask you to confirm various account details when performing certain actions, to ensure the financial security of your account. For this reason, we may at times ask you to verify or update your account information, as in the case you experienced when logging into your account (in this case your telephone number).

That's what I'm asking. Actions like what, specifically? When the phone number will be required and how it will enhance security?

• BarBar Community Manager Guest Posts: 60

We would not be able to disclose specific details regarding security procedures and how information is used to ensure your account's security. 

Why? Do you practice security through obscurity?

burn wrote on April 14 2014, 9:59 AM: »

Why? Do you practice security through obscurity?

?

We cannot comment on or disclose our detailed security procedures. 

So you do practice security through obsurity?

burn wrote on April 18 2014, 7:25 PM: »

So you do practice security through obsurity?

?

I'm sorry, is that a complicated question?

burn wrote on April 23 2014, 9:55 PM: »

I'm sorry, is that a complicated question?

Or an inconvenient one?

Is this a policy, to ignore questions?

That's a real simple, binary question. Yes or no?

What's the problem with answering it? Do I have to email? Call? Walk into the office? Punch someone in the face?

We've answered your question several times in this topic. I do appreciate that you may not fully agree with our answer, however please refrain from posting the same question in various topics and sections.

If you have any additional questions please feel free.

Nissim wrote on May 11 2014, 1:22 PM: »

We've answered your question several times in this topic. I do appreciate that you may not fully agree with our answer, however please refrain from posting the same question in various topics and sections.

If you have any additional questions please feel free.

Several times you've tried to avoid it. Valid answers to a question "Do you..." are "yes, we do", or "no, we don't".

I would still like to get a yes or no.

so?

burn wrote on May 8 2014, 3:50 PM: »

That's a real simple, binary question. Yes or no?

What's the problem with answering it? Do I have to email? Call? Walk into the office? Punch someone in the face?

I guess we're back to that.

• VaskeVaske Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    Just give them a phone number or find another payment option which may be more suitable for you.
    Vaske wrote on May 22 2014, 10:20 PM: »

Just give them a phone number or find another payment option which may be more suitable for you.

I did already. That's not a reason not to answer a question.

So how about a yes or no, finally?

Shall we get going for year or so?

Did you left your phone number when you opened your bank account? What is so problematic about leaving your phone number to a bank? Same question here? This topic is really annoying and admins should consider closing it.

The question I'm asking is whether Payoneer employs security through obscurity or not. You could've known that if you'd read the first page, at least. Also, maybe you should consider not reading the topics that annoy you.

Boring  :sleep:

We have answered your question previously, however to state again: Payoneer invests a substantial amount of time and resources into the latest security protocols and technologies. It is our highest priority to create and maintain a secure environment so that you can access your account and manage your financial transactions with peace of mind.

As with all online payment solutions, we require that account holders provide relevant information related to their accounts. 

We cannot go into specific details of our security procedures and regulations, as such information may compromise their effectiveness. 

As we have answered your inquiry and this conversation is starting to go off topic, I am closing it.

This discussion has been closed.