Private Load Fees Confusion

Howard SHoward S Member Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hello,

I'm a little bit confused about the private load fees and would really like an answer.

Private loads attract a fee of 3.75% which is paid by the loader or the person receiving the funds, but when you go to put in your credit card, there I see a transaction fee of 3.75% I guess for processing the credit card, is this so?

Do I have to pay the 3.75% twice, please explain?

Howard 

Comments

• RomiRomi Community Manager Member Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭

Hi Howard,

Please note that the 3.75% charged in connection with posting private payments goes to covering the credit card processing fees that Payoneer is charged by the credit card companies and the payment processor.

When posting a payment you can choose if you'd like the fee taken off the loaded amount, in which the calculation would seem "straightforward": if you load $1000 the 3.75% is $37.5 as you would expect.

If you choose to pay the fee on top of the amount loaded, then the $1000 that is loaded onto the payoneer card is actually the 96.25% that remains after we deduct the fee of 3.75%.
    In this case we charge you $1039, so that after we deduct the 3.75% we end up with $1000, which is loaded to the card.

And indeed if you calculate 3.75% of $1039, you'll find that it's $39.

Romi

Community Manager at Payoneer

Find us on Facebook & Twitter

• Howard SHoward S Member Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi Romi,

So in this instance you only charge 3.75% once?

Howard 

Check the image please, why is there a second 3.75% in the credit card payments section?

Howard 

• RomiRomi Community Manager Member Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭

Hi,

For the load we charge %3.75 - which amounts to $20.75 (this is since you chose to pay the fees), then there is a %3.75 fee on top of the $20.75, which results in $20.78 total.

Romi

Community Manager at Payoneer

Find us on Facebook & Twitter

edited April 2014

So I wasn't being wrong then about 2 fees, you would charge the loader twice if they decide on paying the load fee or charge the loader and receiver in essence.

This is a little more expensive than PayPal, even when you withdraw to the USPS.

Howard