Going To India. Can I Use Payoneer?

SdShadabSdShadab Member Posts: 4
Hi,
I know that the Payoneer Mastercard is an international debit card and that I can use it at any store accepting Mastercards. However I read that the Indian government has been imposing some restrictions on the use of the payoneer mastercards. Although that does not apply to me, I was wondering if I was going to have any problems while using it at stores?

Thanks.

Comments

• DavidDavid Member Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭
    SdShadab wrote:

Hi,
    I know that the Payoneer Mastercard is an international debit card and that I can use it at any store accepting Mastercards. However I read that the Indian government has been imposing some restrictions on the use of the payoneer mastercards. Although that does not apply to me, I was wondering if I was going to have any problems while using it at stores?

Thanks.

Hi,

The restriction applies to Indian residents. However, in your situation the Payoneer Card can be used in India wherever debit MasterCard is accepted.

• PetarPetar Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    David wrote:

Hi,

The restriction applies to Indian residents. However, in your situation the Payoneer Card can be used in India wherever debit MasterCard is accepted.

Hi,

I am currently in India on business, and from my experience I can say the following:

you can withdraw cash from any ATM. I suggest Citi Bank as it lets you take 20K at once. Other banks are between 10 and 15K. If anyone knows of a bank that gives more than 20K, let me know.

I have tried paying with the card at supermarkets, malls, small shops and at the Taj chain hotel and the transactions were always declined. I know the funds are not a problem as I have money in the account. So there must be something blocking the transactions.

Hope this helps
  • mohdmackimohdmacki Member Posts: 5
    Petar wrote on November 13 2012, 11:17 AM: »

Hi,

I am currently in India on business, and from my experience I can say the following:

you can withdraw cash from any ATM. I suggest Citi Bank as it lets you take 20K at once. Other banks are between 10 and 15K. If anyone knows of a bank that gives more than 20K, let me know.

I have tried paying with the card at supermarkets, malls, small shops and at the Taj chain hotel and the transactions were always declined. I know the funds are not a problem as I have money in the account. So there must be something blocking the transactions.

Hope this helps

When your transaction was declined , were you charge any fees ?

Did you check your payoneer account ?

• Bilal SheikhBilal Sheikh Online Freelancer VIP Member Posts: 82 ✭✭

I think the POS (Point of Sale) machine transactions were declined because the POS was not supported International MasterCard. The POS only support local Cards only.

Withdraw cash from ATM booth with MasterCard logo. Per transaction 10K is better. Collect cash in your hand and spend on market.

Find me on Google+ Read my blogs on GoBelal.com.

• faroque_golamfaroque_golam Member Posts: 1
    > @"Bilal Sheikh" said:
    > I think the POS (Point of Sale) machine transactions were declined because the POS was not supported International MasterCard. The POS only support local Cards only.
    >
    >
    > Withdraw cash from ATM booth with MasterCard logo. Per transaction 10K is better. Collect cash in your hand and spend on market.

Bilal vai can you please tell me if the card can be used on CMC vellore?
  • akashyadavakashyadav Member Posts: 1
    Now you can get money
  • Adam_PayoneerAdam_Payoneer Administrator Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I have gathered, the Payoneer cards can only be used at ATM's in India, not merchants. 
    Also if the ATM does not work, I recommend you look for international ATM stations. While I have never heard of local ATM's only, I can only assume that this might be the case in some countries.

As for India, I have personally never been there so I cannot know if this is true. 

Happy and willing to answer general questions.

For any inquiries directly associated to your Payoneer account, please contact Payoneer's Customer Care Support Center.