Little help with basic fees when using Elance

MirkoMirko Posts: 3Member

I just recently added payoneer card as an option to withdraw money from Elance, I previously did it with wire transfers.

Just for a little test I withdrawed 27.75$ to my payoneer card(signed for it through Elance). Upon loading the amount, the balance on my payoneer account is 17.25$.

From what I know, activation fee is 5$, I also used immediate deposit, that is 2.5$. If my math is ok, there should be around 20$ left to show as account balance.

Could you please tell me where did the missing 3$ went? Don't get me wrong, it is not a matter of a few bucks, I am still in the process of figureing out should I use Payoneer or wire transfers to withdraw money, so I want to know all the fees that are in the game :)

Thanks

Comments

• RomiRomi Community Manager Posts: 2,706Member ✭✭✭

Hi Mirko,

The additional $3 are the maintenance fee for May 2014. You can see in your list of fees & pricing (in your Payoneer account), if your account had 0-1 transactions in the previous month you're charged $3 monthly card maintenance. Over 1 transaction - maintenance is $1 per month.

Romi

Community Manager at Payoneer

Find us on Facebook & Twitter

• MirkoMirko Posts: 3Member

Thanks for the reply. I thought that card maintenance fees are charged at the end of the month. So, if I make one+ transaction in May, the 2$ will be refunded, am I right?

• RomiRomi Community Manager Posts: 2,706Member ✭✭✭

The charge applied to transactions made in the previous month. If you perform over 1 transaction this month (May), then the charge in June will be $1 and not $3.

Romi

Community Manager at Payoneer

Find us on Facebook & Twitter