payoneer card info hacked twice in 5 months

talyakornachuktalyakornachuk Posts: 5Member
edited May 2014 in Ask The Community

in january of 2014 i had around $2000 stolen from me, someone in the UK (i'm in the US) spent money of mine online.
i filed a claim to get my money back, and it is now the end of may and i haven't gotten it back yet.
i woke up this morning to find that it has happened again. $2500 stolen from me, this time it was done at a target in jersey city.
i'm done with payoneer. most unreliable company i have ever dealt with. hands down.
it is insane that they don't reimburse you when something like this happens. i am down $4000 from the past 5 months because their security is shit and they don't take care of their paying customers properly.
on top of that they charged me $60 to order a new card every time this has happened. so i have to pay money to get a new card after i have already dealt with my money being stolen? payoneer is a scam. i'm switching to a real bank that actually cares about their clients.

gag.png 21.4K

Comments

• RomiRomi Community Manager Posts: 2,706Member ✭✭✭

Hi,

First of all I'm sorry about your experience and the unfortunate fact that your card details were stolen and used.

Please note that as in any company or financial company, personal details can be hacked and stolen, even with the highest security measures (such as happened on eBay recently and in Target a few months ago). We do our best to make Payoneer as secure as possible and minimize disputes such as yours and cases of stolen info.

Disputes are handled by MasterCard and generally take 90 business days to be handled - since you say you filed the claim back in January I would really like to look into this for you, as well as see what I can do regarding the second recent case.

Could you please PM me your email address? Thanks.

Romi

Community Manager at Payoneer

Find us on Facebook & Twitter

• burnburn Posts: 41Member ✭✭
    edited May 2014
    talyakornachuk wrote on May 27 2014, 12:19 AM: »

in january of 2014 i had around $2000 stolen from me, someone in the UK (i'm in the US) spent money of mine online.
    i filed a claim to get my money back, and it is now the end of may and i haven't gotten it back yet.
    i woke up this morning to find that it has happened again. $2500 stolen from me, this time it was done at a target in jersey city.
    i'm done with payoneer. most unreliable company i have ever dealt with. hands down.
    it is insane that they don't reimburse you when something like this happens. i am down $4000 from the past 5 months because their security is shit and they don't take care of their paying customers properly.
    on top of that they charged me $60 to order a new card every time this has happened. so i have to pay money to get a new card after i have already dealt with my money being stolen? payoneer is a scam. i'm switching to a real bank that actually cares about their clients.

Sure, that stuff happens with companies that employ security through obscurity.