Any Problems With Payoneer Cards In Russia?

1crowded_hour1crowded_hour Posts: 5Member
edited July 2011 in Freelancers
I wonder if anyone of you guys, who like me lives in Russia, has encountered any problems with Payoneer, especially with local tax authorities. I am a technical translator, currently out of job, but I want to register as IP and operate entirely within the law. Russia is a peculiar country in many respects, and I just want to be on the safe side (and I can hardly believe in what appears to be sheer good luck - I was looking for something like Payoneer for quite a while). PM me, if you will.
One crowded hour of glorious life
Is worth an age without a name.

Thomas Osbert Mordaunt (1730-1809)

Comments

• TaliaTalia Moderator Posts: 514Member ✭✭
    Hi!

I am going to post this on our Facebook page and see if people can answer you. We have a lot of users from all over the world, including Russia, who receive their payments through Payoneer, but I'm sure it will be nicer for you to receive an answer from your peers. :unsure:
    Talia
  • KvaKva Posts: 2Member
    Hey, I'm also very interested in the topic!
  • makcmakc Posts: 1Member
    in ukraine, you file personal tax report at the end of each year, and you should include royalties received through payoneer in there (iirc the tax rate for royalties is 13%); but if you're running the company, all company transactions should go through local bank accounts in order to be properly documented, so the company cannot be legally payed through payoneer and you can't include it in company tax reports.

ukraine and russia share some common laws since ussr era, but still this issue could be different in russia.
  • 1crowded_hour1crowded_hour Posts: 5Member
    Thanks, Talia. I am looking forward to hearing more from you (and my peers).

Talia wrote:

Hi!

I am going to post this on our Facebook page and see if people can answer you. We have a lot of users from all over the world, including Russia, who receive their payments through Payoneer, but I'm sure it will be nicer for you to receive an answer from your peers. :unsure:

Welcome!

Kva wrote:

Hey, I'm also very interested in the topic!

Thanks.

makc wrote:

in ukraine, you file personal tax report at the end of each year, and you should include royalties received through payoneer in there (iirc the tax rate for royalties is 13%); but if you're running the company, all company transactions should go through local bank accounts in order to be properly documented, so the company cannot be legally payed through payoneer and you can't include it in company tax reports.

ukraine and russia share some common laws since ussr era, but still this issue could be different in russia.

• KvaKva Posts: 2Member
    makc wrote:

As far as I know in Russia doing that would be illegal. The 13% tax works only if a person receives income on a non-regular basis.
  • TaliaTalia Moderator Posts: 514Member ✭✭
    Hi!

I wanted to give your peers the chance to answer the question, but just wanted to say that Payoneer cannot be fluent in all tax related issues in each country. We do not give your transactions history to anyone, but the transactions are kept on record with MasterCard and with the issuing bank database.

You are responsible for reporting to all applicable government tax authorities, all earnings received and loaded on to your card or Account and the payment of any applicable local, state, province, and /or federal, domestic or international taxes that apply to these earnings.

I recommend you check your partner's disclosure obligations for further information, just to be on the safe side.
    Talia
    Talia wrote:

Hi!

I wanted to give your peers the chance to answer the question, but just wanted to say that Payoneer cannot be fluent in all tax related issues in each country. We do not give your transactions history to anyone, but the transactions are kept on record with MasterCard and with the issuing bank database.

You are responsible for reporting to all applicable government tax authorities, all earnings received and loaded on to your card or Account and the payment of any applicable local, state, province, and /or federal, domestic or international taxes that apply to these earnings.

I recommend you check your partner's disclosure obligations for further information, just to be on the safe side.

Yes, Talia, thank you. That goes without saying.