Cash Advance At Bank?

isstevenissteven Posts: 12Member
Hello,

Usually you can bring your credit card/debit card to a bank teller and show you ID, you can ask him/her to do a cash advance on the card and either gives you cash or deposit it into your checking account. Payoneer card can be swiped and used as credit card/debit card, either PIN based or PIN-less. Can I ask bank teller to do same cash advance on Payoneer card? I didn't see anything that does't allow this. thanks.

Comments

• NissimNissim Head of Community Posts: 4,013Administrator ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    issteven wrote:

Hello,

Usually you can bring your credit card/debit card to a bank teller and show you ID, you can ask him/her to do a cash advance on the card and either gives you cash or deposit it into your checking account. Payoneer card can be swiped and used as credit card/debit card, either PIN based or PIN-less. Can I ask bank teller to do same cash advance on Payoneer card? I didn't see anything that does't allow this. thanks.

Hey,

The Payoneer card is a debit MasterCard, and can be used to withdraw cash. A cash advance on a credit card is basically a credit charge in which the merchant gives you cash (in the bank's case they take that cash and directly deposit it into your account), and can be regulated by standard credit card companies. As your Payoneer card is prepaid and can only make purchases if there are available funds on the card, there is no need for us to make such additional regulations.

It's technically possible for a "cash advance" at a bank teller to work on your card, depending on the bank and what they allow, however it would be like a standard cash withdrawal (simply not at the ATM).

This really depends on the bank and how they process the charge, and if they allow it.
    Nissim
    Director of Community at Payoneer
  • isstevenissteven Posts: 12Member
    Oh, yeah thanks for the reply. I guess it's same like using ATM, just bank teller instead of a machine.
  • tina27vtina27v Posts: 17Member
    I find it easier to just use the atm, the bank usually charges for cash advances anyway so I don't save any money by going to the teller. Sometimes the bank lets you take cash advances for free but only if you use their card, so I just always go to the atm.
  • matt.jess24matt.jess24 Posts: 14Member ✭✭
    tina27v wrote:

I find it easier to just use the atm, the bank usually charges for cash advances anyway so I don't save any money by going to the teller. Sometimes the bank lets you take cash advances for free but only if you use their card, so I just always go to the atm.

I prefer the ATM also, I tried withdrawing money at a bank once and then putting it right in the bank acct but it took too long, like 3 days, so I prefer to just get the cash.
    how much did the bank charge you for withdrawing at teller? and which country is your bank in? Thanks.

I prefer the ATM also, I tried withdrawing money at a bank once and then putting it right in the bank acct but it took too long, like 3 days, so I prefer to just get the cash.
  • matt.jess24matt.jess24 Posts: 14Member ✭✭
    issteven wrote:

how much did the bank charge you for withdrawing at teller? and which country is your bank in? Thanks.

It was in the US and I did it at my bank, they would only let you do it if you had an account at the bank, and it was the same fee like a cash withdrawal but they deposited the money in my bank account there and it took like 2 days.

It was in the US and I did it at my bank, they would only let you do it if you had an account at the bank, and it was the same fee like a cash withdrawal but they deposited the money in my bank account there and it took like 2 days.

Thank you for your reply. Yes my bank is US bank too, I will check it out to see if they are doing this for me. My main concern for ATM is that it has daily withdrawal limit and carrying cash is not convenient, that's why I would want the bank teller to deposit the amount into my account directly if this process doesn't cost much.
  • marianomariano Posts: 5Member
    Hi,

Do you know if by cashing out from the teller (ie using cash advance on the debit card) there is the same daily withdrawal limit as extracting
    money from the ATM machine or there is other limits?

Thanks
  • NissimNissim Head of Community Posts: 4,013Administrator ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    This depends on how the merchant processes the transaction. If it's a cash advance or signature based cash withdrawal, it will be under the same cash withdrawal daily limit of $2,500.00
    Nissim
    Director of Community at Payoneer
  • thevisitorthevisitor Posts: 13Member

Hi,

I just wanted to ask, what is Payoneer fee for Cash Advance? I was asking in the Russian forum, but got there was no official answer (unofficial answer was if I withdraw money in USD the fee will be 1.8% + fixed amount that I can see in my account fees). Maybe I'll be lucky to get offical info here.

Thanks

• thevisitorthevisitor Posts: 13Member

No reply?

• RomiRomi Community Manager Posts: 2,706Member ✭✭✭

The fee is the same as withdrawing from an ATM but it may be more, depending on the bank you go to - you need to check this directly with the bank.

Romi

Community Manager at Payoneer

Find us on Facebook & Twitter

• julian_gjulian_g Posts: 1Member
    My only experience is in Uruguay, there you can withdraw from the teller and it is half the charge of the equivalent multiple transactions on the ATM for USD 2500
  • Dexter_progDexter_prog Posts: 47Member ✭✭
    Could someone let me know if you can actually withdraw cash from a Teller using a Payoneer card? Are there any banks that let you do this?