Questions about Bank Transfer in Peru

PeruvianProPeruvianPro Member Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hello,

I logged into my account Sunday evening and under the Withdrawal tab saw a new option named "My Bank Account". Since I haven't received any email from Payoneer informing me about this new service, I have a couple of questions regarding it.

Are you offering Local Bank Transfers or Wire Transfers? I couldn't find this info in my account. It's extremely important for me to know which kind of transfer you are offering since a wire transfer implies an extra $18 charge from my bank, while a local bank transfer is only charged a tax fee of 0.005%.

I read the FAQ and it seems possible to withdraw PEN (Peruvian Nuevos Soles), US dollars, and Euros. However, in the "Add Bank Account" form only the PEN option is available. Is this going to be fixed soon?

Thanks so much for your time,

Patricia

Comments

• JustineJustine Guest Posts: 168 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Patricia,

This is a local Bank Transfer.

Secondly, there is only the option to withdraw in your local currency currently, it will be converted from USD to PEN.

• PeruvianProPeruvianPro Member Posts: 64 ✭✭

Thanks so much for your reply Justine! :thumbsu:

Hello,

I've just received my first and last transfer and I want to tell you that this is NOT a local Bank Transfer. It's a wire transfer since my bank charged me over $22 for this.

The inaccurate information I was provided led me to lose over $22.

Patricia
    FYI, LTK1216103162303X
  • NissimNissim Head of Community Administrator Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

We do support local bank transfers to Peru, in PEN.

I have asked a customer support supervisor to look into why you received a wire transfer, and have also asked them to refund the landing fee charged to your bank account.

You should be hearing back from them within 1-2 business days.
    Hi Nissim,

I appreciate your reply. I was refunded the landing fee a few hours ago.

Thank you very much for that.

Patricia
  • NissimNissim Head of Community Administrator Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy to help, Patricia, and again our apologies for any inconvenience caused. We will update you via e-mail once the technical issue of the transfer sent to you has been investigated.