Maestro Card

MichaelMichael Posts: 1Member
Hello there,

I have a client who wants to pay me using payoneer. Many payment services aren't available in my country which is Republic of Moldova, I tried to do some research on this topic but didn't found anything so Is payoneer available in Republic of Moldova?

If yes then I have another question, I have a VISA Electron and Maestro card. Will I be able to use Maestro or just MasterCards are accepted?

Thanks indeed for answer, help is much appreciated.

Regards,
Michael.

Comments

• TaliaTalia Moderator Posts: 514Member ✭✭
    HI MIchael,

For private loads, we accept Visa and MasterCard. We only issue MasterCards right now.

As for Moldova, we definitely issue cards in Moldova. Of course, you wouldn't have to go through the regular approval process, but it usually isn't a problem.
    Talia
  • mirceamircea Posts: 34Member ✭✭
    Michael wrote:

Is payoneer available in Republic of Moldova?

He he you are from Moldova so i could give you some advices in Romanian language ( i am born in Romania but live is Spain ) as well but it will not be fair.
    Let me add few things that might help and if i am wrong Talia can correct me .
    1. If you don't have a Payoneer card yet , register one by a partner program .
    If you client that want to pay you is not a register Payoneer partner it will be consider a private load . far as i know you will not be able to receive a private payment if you don't have at least 1 partner payment . So if that guy is your only client that pays on Payoneer and is not a Payoneer partner ask him / her to register as one before tries to pay you ....or the other option is that you receive at least 1 partner's payment from a register Payoneer partner before start receiving private loads .
    2. If is kind of blurry for me if your client want to use a Visa Electron or a Maestro ...or those are the common types of cards that works in Moldova .
    Far as i know as i travel a little there while i was in RO, Mastercard don't have a very good presence on your country . So your Payoneer card will work for POS payments ( shopping ) only where the MasterCard logo is displayed and about ATM withdrawal you can use this site to locate the nearest ATM that accept MasterCard .
    Mastercard ATM Locator
    If your client want to make a private load using a Maestro it will fail as it is not supported . Visa Electron is a sister card to the Visa Debit card. The difference between Visa Electron and Visa Debit is that payments with Visa Electron require that all the funds be available at the time of transfer, i.e., Visa Electron card accounts may not be overdrawn.
    I am not 100% convinced that Payoneer can process a Visa Electron load ......it should work but i remember i had issues on paying with that type of card even on Amazon .
    Anyway your main concern before receiving a private load is to have at least a partner load .....or even better you can convince your client to register as a Payoneer partner a easy process that will ease the future payments .
    Cheers !
    ( Salutari ;) )
  • TaliaTalia Moderator Posts: 514Member ✭✭
    Thanks, Mircea!

Everything Mircea mentioned is correct. About the Visa Electron card, it sounds like it's a debit card as well. As long as it has the Visa logo on it and it counts as a Visa you can use it to receive private loads. Like Mircea mentioned, you need to have at least one payment from a partner before you can receive private loads.

If you are getting paid by the same person/company on a regular basis (and especially if they are paying others), they should sign up to be a partner - it's free and fast (Mircea knows, he got 3 companies to sign up!)

We also have a promotion going on right now where we will reward anyone who brings a new partner with $100. There are a few rules that you can read here: http://community.payoneer.com/topic/191-great-new-referral-prizes
    Talia
  • remziremzi Posts: 3Member
    Hello everyone,

I have a similar case to Michael, so I'm asking for help.

I'm from Republic of Kosovo (Europe, Balcan) and I would like to sign up for your service as I heard from many blogs that your service is one of the best on the net.
    I'm a freelancer and I've made some money I'd like to withdraw. I have a VISA card and I would be glad to know if there is any possibility I can withdraw those money from oDesk, a freelancing site.

Best Regards, Remzi.
  • DavidDavid Posts: 3,556Member ✭✭
    remzi wrote:

Hello everyone,

I have a similar case to Michael, so I'm asking for help.

I'm from Republic of Kosovo (Europe, Balcan) and I would like to sign up for your service as I heard from many blogs that your service is one of the best on the net.
    I'm a freelancer and I've made some money I'd like to withdraw. I have a VISA card and I would be glad to know if there is any possibility I can withdraw those money from oDesk, a freelancing site.

Best Regards, Remzi.

Hi,

If you would like to receive your oDesk payments to a Payoneer Card, you need to order the Payoneer Prepaid Debit MasterCard Card. You can do this by logging into your account with oDesk and choosing Payoneer as your payment method and fill out the online application.

David wrote:

Hi,

If you would like to receive your oDesk payments to a Payoneer Card, you need to order the Payoneer Prepaid Debit MasterCard Card. You can do this by logging into your account with oDesk and choosing Payoneer as your payment method and fill out the online application.

Dear David,

Thank you for your reply. I have one more question .Is there any way I can withdraw moneys by only using my bank account, i mean, firstly add them to my payoneer account and then to my bank account to get them in cash form ?

Regards, Remzi.
    any help out there...
    i'm desperated of waiting
  • DavidDavid Posts: 3,556Member ✭✭
    remzi wrote:

Dear David,

Thank you for your reply. I have one more question .Is there any way I can withdraw moneys by only using my bank account, i mean, firstly add them to my payoneer account and then to my bank account to get them in cash form ?

Regards, Remzi.

Currently, we do not have an option for sending money from your Payoneer card to your bank account.

It is something we are looking into and I will pass on your suggestion.