Pain With Private Payment

AXNAXN Member Posts: 5
edited August 2012 in Ask The Community
confusing and complicated
I was very exited when I found out about Payoneer site and options. I apply for Payoneer card and after an interview I was accepted and few weeks later I got my MC Payoneer card. So far so good. I cancel my Paypal as it was becoming pain in the butt and was hoping that Payoneer is the perfect solution for my situation.

Canadian living in Costa Rica for 25 years, that is now traveling and enjoying life. Occasionally receiving private payment for some of the work I did for various private people mostly Internet related - like I website creation, domain renewals, hosting etc.

Today one of my client was trying to pay me (load my card) $520 and I got shocked when she send me this message:
"went to this site, your e-mail and card number register, I try to continue and it flashes: "PRIVATE LOADS ARE NOT SUPPORTED FOR THIS CARD" what should I do????????????????"
Then few seconds later:
"So, I did just your card number, exactly as they show and this is what flashes up:
Oops.. Maximum field length of 16 for payoneer card number was exceeded."

I then got hold of support via chat and talk to Andy. He informed me that max private load is $300 per month. Plus each load is accepted only after accounting department approve it and that is based on personal judgment.

Ok, then. I told her then to try to make payment for only $300 and see if that will work.
It worked, and she got this email from Payoneer:
"Confirmation
Thank you,
Your request has been received.
We will let you know when the payment is approved. Once approved, the payment will be loaded to the requested Payoneer card within 2 business days. Both you and the cardholder will be notified by e-mail."

So please Payoneer as you can see this is not the most friendly experience..
I did not expect that private load is such a pain
I didn't know that my clients or friends can load only $300 per month
I didn't know that it takes 2 working days to approve card load every time someone make a payment to my card. (now I am in trouble, because my client paid on the last possible day I give here 27.8 and her domain expires on that day as well. I have no other credit card to pay my registrar and have to wait extra 2 days before the funds will be accepted and then use my Payoneer card to pay for the domain renewal and hope it will still be available. WHAT a MESS - I never counted with the 2 days waiting)).

Payoneer has incredible potential and definitely the need is there, the concept is great, but what can be done so it's not a such hassle?

I am big fan of yours and recommending to everyone I know, but will have to wait with further recommendations.

Editing note: I just went trough my email that I received from Payoneer at found this:
"Private Load Service
Now that your Payoneer account has been approved, anyone may load your card by visiting https://load.payonee...oadToPage.aspx. New accounts have a temporary private load limit of $300. To increase this limit, simply receive payments from any of our official partners or using our US Payment Service"

Now what? I am not planing to receive from any of the official partners or using the US Payment for now.How do I get my limit incresed. ($300 per month is kind of low :)

TIA

Comments

• DavidDavid Member Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭
    AXN wrote:

I was very exited when I found out about Payoneer site and options. I apply for Payoneer card and after an interview I was accepted and few weeks later I got my MC Payoneer card. So far so good. I cancel my Paypal as it was becoming pain in the butt and was hoping that Payoneer is the perfect solution for my situation.

Canadian living in Costa Rica for 25 years, that is now traveling and enjoying life. Occasionally receiving private payment for some of the work I did for various private people mostly Internet related - like I website creation, domain renewals, hosting etc.

Today one of my client was trying to pay me (load my card) $520 and I got shocked when she send me this message:
    "went to this site, your e-mail and card number register, I try to continue and it flashes: "PRIVATE LOADS ARE NOT SUPPORTED FOR THIS CARD" what should I do????????????????"
    Then few seconds later:
    "So, I did just your card number, exactly as they show and this is what flashes up:
    Oops.. Maximum field length of 16 for payoneer card number was exceeded."

I then got hold of support via chat and talk to Andy. He informed me that max private load is $300 per month. Plus each load is accepted only after accounting department approve it and that is based on personal judgment.

Ok, then. I told her then to try to make payment for only $300 and see if that will work.
    It worked, and she got this email from Payoneer:
    "Confirmation
    Thank you,
    Your request has been received.
    We will let you know when the payment is approved. Once approved, the payment will be loaded to the requested Payoneer card within 2 business days. Both you and the cardholder will be notified by e-mail."

So please Payoneer as you can see this is not the most friendly experience..
    I did not expect that private load is such a pain
    I didn't know that my clients or friends can load only $300 per month
    I didn't know that it takes 2 working days to approve card load every time someone make a payment to my card. (now I am in trouble, because my client paid on the last possible day I give here 27.8 and her domain expires on that day as well. I have no other credit card to pay my registrar and have to wait extra 2 days before the funds will be accepted and then use my Payoneer card to pay for the domain renewal and hope it will still be available. WHAT a MESS - I never counted with the 2 days waiting)).

Payoneer has incredible potential and definitely the need is there, the concept is great, but what can be done so it's not a such hassle?

I am big fan of yours and recommending to everyone I know, but will have to wait with further recommendations.

Editing note: I just went trough my email that I received from Payoneer at found this:
    "Private Load Service
    Now that your Payoneer account has been approved, anyone may load your card by visiting https://load.payonee...oadToPage.aspx. New accounts have a temporary private load limit of $300. To increase this limit, simply receive payments from any of our official partners or using our US Payment Service"

Now what? I am not planing to receive from any of the official partners or using the US Payment for now.How do I get my limit incresed. ($300 per month is kind of low :)

TIA

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

Please note that the Payoneer card is meant to receive payments from Payoneer partners or the US Payment Service. The private load option is a service we provide but is not the main purpose of the card, and is there for people who are receiving official payments as well.

As you noted, our private loads are subject to review by our payments department, we also may ask for further information from the loader (identification) if we deem it necessary. We also reserve the right to decline a private load at our discretion.

Currently, we cannot approve raising your load limit unless you receive a payment from a partner or via the US Payment Service.

We appreciate your business and apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused.

• AXNAXN Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2012
    You guys don't get it do you?

You have potential gold mine and making everything possible to screw it up. If you want to be pain like Paypal you are doing great job.

Their is a need for simple transparent transaction with out hassle. Taking payment direct from private parties. What's the point for my client to make payment to Paypal where they deduct commission and then transfer to you and pay other commission. It defines the whole purpose. I have no money to trough around and every penny counts at less in my case.

So why on earth when a old lady loads my card with only $300 dollars she has to go trough more hassle and send ID, (more bellow) just to load $300. Plus it will take ages for approval and acceptance from Payoneer.
    Do you think this is a friendly and comfortable user experience?

She also has a business and was going to suggest to become a partner, but I am sure she is already fed up and furious.

What's your point? To be a complete pain? What are you trying to achieve? Is this suppose to stop money laundering or what?

She got this now:

"Hello xxixixi,

This is to inform you of an attempt to make a private payment to your Payoneer card ending in xoxoxo-42XX-XXXX-xoxoxo. The payment request 4715636 for $300.00 has not yet been approved.

Before we can approve this private payment request, we require additional information from the loader (specified below).

Private loading of funds to the Payoneer card involves an approval process with our Payment Approval Department. Payoneer reserves the right to request additional information or documentation before approving a payment, to limit the payment amount, or to decline a payment altogether.

A notice was sent to the loader requesting a copy of the loader's government-issued photo ID (such as a driver's license, country ID, or passport) and a copy of the front and back of the credit or debit card that the loader is using to make the payment request.

The documents can be faxed to us at 1-347-438-3365 or scanned and e-mailed to [email protected]

Please note that the loader will not be charged unless the payment request is approved. In order to approve the payment request, we must receive the requested documentation within 7 days.

For additional information about this payment please reply to this e-mail or call us during business hours at 1-800-251-2521 Ex. 2 (Sunday ? Friday 5AM-6PM EST except US holidays).

Should you believe this to be an error please contact us at [email protected]"
    *******************************************************************************************

I am really disappointed,

TIA

BTW: at this time the issue is not "Currently, we cannot approve raising your load limit unless you receive a payment from a partner or via the US Payment Service."
    The issue is the pain to make even louzy payment of $300
    edited August 2012
    Double post - deleted...
    AXN wrote:

You guys don't get it do you?

You have potential gold mine and making everything possible to screw it up. If you want to be pain like Paypal you are doing great job.

Their is a need for simple transparent transaction with out hassle. Taking payment direct from private parties. What's the point for my client to make payment to Paypal where they deduct commission and then transfer to you and pay other commission. It defines the whole purpose. I have no money to trough around and every penny counts at less in my case.

So why on earth when a old lady loads my card with only $300 dollars she has to go trough more hassle and send ID, (more bellow) just to load $300. Plus it will take ages for approval and acceptance from Payoneer.
    Do you think this is a friendly and comfortable user experience?

She also has a business and was going to suggest to become a partner, but I am sure she is already fed up and furious.

What's your point? To be a complete pain? What are you trying to achieve? Is this suppose to stop money laundering or what?

She got this now:

"Hello xxixixi,

This is to inform you of an attempt to make a private payment to your Payoneer card ending in xoxoxo-42XX-XXXX-xoxoxo. The payment request 4715636 for $300.00 has not yet been approved.

Before we can approve this private payment request, we require additional information from the loader (specified below).

Private loading of funds to the Payoneer card involves an approval process with our Payment Approval Department. Payoneer reserves the right to request additional information or documentation before approving a payment, to limit the payment amount, or to decline a payment altogether.

A notice was sent to the loader requesting a copy of the loader's government-issued photo ID (such as a driver's license, country ID, or passport) and a copy of the front and back of the credit or debit card that the loader is using to make the payment request.

The documents can be faxed to us at 1-347-438-3365 or scanned and e-mailed to [email protected]

Please note that the loader will not be charged unless the payment request is approved. In order to approve the payment request, we must receive the requested documentation within 7 days.

For additional information about this payment please reply to this e-mail or call us during business hours at 1-800-251-2521 Ex. 2 (Sunday ? Friday 5AM-6PM EST except US holidays).

Should you believe this to be an error please contact us at [email protected]"
    *******************************************************************************************

I am really disappointed,

TIA

BTW: at this time the issue is not "Currently, we cannot approve raising your load limit unless you receive a payment from a partner or via the US Payment Service."
    The issue is the pain to make even louzy payment of $300

I am sorry you are not satisfied with our service.

As I previously mentioned the main purpose of the card is to receive partner payments or payments with the US Payment Service. The private load option is a service we allow as something extra as long as official payments are consistently coming in.

In regards to your question about why we require all this information, the answer is that we are held to a high standard of rules and regulations as an online payment company and we need to adhere to these rules.

These include KYC (Know Your Customer), BSA (Bank Secrecy Act), AML (Anti-Money Laundering) and OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets Control).

The information is requested as a way to protect both you and the loaders from fraudulent activity.

If this woman would like to become a partner, then her payments would be official Payoneer payments and would not require the same process as private loads.

She is more than welcome to contact us regarding this matter, or if you would like to give me her information I can contact her.

We appreciate your feedback as always and I hope this answered some of your questions.

edited August 2012
    I am only NOT satisfy with your policy.

I can't comment on your service as I never received any, but your support is good and I did get free card that you had expenses with already.

It appears that I misunderstood completely what service you provide.

I am 63 semi retired and traveling a lot.
    My needs are simple and prefer scenario is as follow:

virtual bank account with "debit" card
    have a website with "Pay me" button so anyone can pay me via my website
    spend MY money as I like, when I want and where I want using debit card

Is that complicated?
    Do you provide that?
    Does anyone offer this? (Paypal does if you live in US or Canada)

Or as I do hosting, domains, consulting, freelance work etc., maybe better option for me is to become partner with the "Pay me" button on my website :)
    What would be the difference? What are the requirements?

BTW: if you looking for new partners then you are welcome to contact her directly and offer your services (you have the case number, her email etc.)

Make sure you tell her about:
    KYC (Know Your Customer), BSA (Bank Secrecy Act), AML (Anti-Money Laundering) and OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets Control).
    The information is requested as a way to protect both you and the loaders from fraudulent activity. :):)
    AXN wrote:

I am only NOT satisfy with your policy.

I can't comment on your service as I never received any, but your support is good and I did get free card that you had expenses with already.

It appears that I misunderstood completely what service you provide.

I am 63 semi retired and traveling a lot.
    My needs are simple and prefer scenario is as follow:

virtual bank account with "debit" card
    have a website with "Pay me" button so anyone can pay me via my website
    spend MY money as I like, when I want and where I want using debit card

Is that complicated?
    Do you provide that?
    Does anyone offer this? (Paypal does if you live in US or Canada)

Or as I do hosting, domains, consulting, freelance work etc., maybe better option for me is to become partner with the "Pay me" button on my website :)
    What would be the difference? What are the requirements?

BTW: if you looking for new partners then you are welcome to contact her directly and offer your services (you have the case number, her email etc.)

Make sure you tell her about:
    KYC (Know Your Customer), BSA (Bank Secrecy Act), AML (Anti-Money Laundering) and OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets Control).
    The information is requested as a way to protect both you and the loaders from fraudulent activity. :):)

Thanks again for the feedback.

What you are looking for your site is a payment processor and currently that is not Payoneer.

It is something we are looking into but cannot support at this time.

If you are doing freelancing there are many partners of Payoneer that are freelance websites.

As for a company that provides a "pay me" button, I am sorry I do not know of a company that can help you with this.

However, if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask or contact me at [email protected]

Paypal alternative would be just fine (with credit card like they offer for US clients)
    AXN wrote:

Paypal alternative would be just fine (with credit card like they offer for US clients)

I am sorry, I really don't know of any service that would help you with this.