Payoneer Is Suck — Payoneer Community

Payoneer Is Suck

ZiNNZiNN Member Posts: 4
Hotforex Online transaction.jpg
Hotforex transaction.jpg



My account had been blocked due to the incoming payment from www.payment-arena.com, then i have figure it out that this payment was made by the Hotforex. Now, i have request to unblock my account and you ask for the screen shoot to prove, ok fine i do provided the evidence which is sending from Hotforex backoffice then you claim that it is insuffient. I have no idea to do with two of you and i'm bother to know on it. What i concern is my payoneer account get reactivate and i got my money back. Since Payoneer and Hotforex so call " partner " then why don't either one of you make a call to each other to confirm the transaction and sort the things out once for all, instead of i have to be the messenger between two of you. This case had been 4days passed still not yet settled, i really need the money in urgent, if keep delay who need to responsible for my loss?

Comments

  • DavidDavid Member Posts: 3,556 ✭✭
    ZiNN wrote:

    Hotforex Online transaction.jpg
    Hotforex transaction.jpg



    My account had been blocked due to the incoming payment from www.payment-arena.com, then i have figure it out that this payment was made by the Hotforex. Now, i have request to unblock my account and you ask for the screen shoot to prove, ok fine i do provided the evidence which is sending from Hotforex backoffice then you claim that it is insuffient. I have no idea to do with two of you and i'm bother to know on it. What i concern is my payoneer account get reactivate and i got my money back. Since Payoneer and Hotforex so call " partner " then why don't either one of you make a call to each other to confirm the transaction and sort the things out once for all, instead of i have to be the messenger between two of you. This case had been 4days passed still not yet settled, i really need the money in urgent, if keep delay who need to responsible for my loss?


    Hi Sir,

    The matter is currently being reviewed by our security department and you should have an update with-in the next 48 hours. We understand your frustration and apologize for any inconvenience this might causing you.

    Please note that these procedures are taken for the safety of both your account and the people making the payment.

    We appreciate your patience in the matter.

    Sign up for Payoneer and the US Payment Service

  • ZiNNZiNN Member Posts: 4
    David wrote:

    Hi Sir,

    The matter is currently being reviewed by our security department and you should have an update with-in the next 48 hours. We understand your frustration and apologize for any inconvenience this might causing you.

    Please note that these procedures are taken for the safety of both your account and the people making the payment.

    We appreciate your patience in the matter.



    Hi, i do think i got enough of patient for this case since it had been took 1 week of time. It keep me wondering how paynoeer doing the work! How long you guys have to take for just checking the system or properly make a call to hotforex for the confirmation? Start from tomorrow my supplier is going to charge me for the late payment, it will be good as payoneer will reponsible for that. In that case you guys can just take your time as you like and i m ok with that. How's the deal?
  • DavidDavid Member Posts: 3,556 ✭✭
    ZiNN wrote:

    Hi, i do think i got enough of patient for this case since it had been took 1 week of time. It keep me wondering how paynoeer doing the work! How long you guys have to take for just checking the system or properly make a call to hotforex for the confirmation? Start from tomorrow my supplier is going to charge me for the late payment, it will be good as payoneer will reponsible for that. In that case you guys can just take your time as you like and i m ok with that. How's the deal?


    Hi,

    I am sorry for any inconvenience this might have caused you but again this is something we had to do in line with the rules and regulations we have to follow as a payment provider.

    Unfortunately, it is more than just checking the system, there needs to be confirmations, and it is a process. As I said yesterday, you should be hearing from us in the near future.

    Sign up for Payoneer and the US Payment Service

This discussion has been closed.