Withdrawing In Local Currency

Hi,
I recently received my payoneer affiliate card. and i am intending to load some money to it from Fiverr. but i am concerned about withdrawing money from an ATM.
when i use the card in a Sri Lankan ATM, will i be able to state the amount and withdraw in Sri Lankan rupees (LKR)? or will i have to enter the amount in dollars and will receive the relevant amount in LKR?
I am a bit confused about this.. please help.
Thank you
Navoda

Comments

• DavidDavid Posts: 3,556Member ✭✭
    naVoda wrote:

Hi,
    I recently received my payoneer affiliate card. and i am intending to load some money to it from Fiverr. but i am concerned about withdrawing money from an ATM.
    when i use the card in a Sri Lankan ATM, will i be able to state the amount and withdraw in Sri Lankan rupees (LKR)? or will i have to enter the amount in dollars and will receive the relevant amount in LKR?
    I am a bit confused about this.. please help.
    Thank you
    Navoda

Hi Navoda,

Thanks for visiting our forum.

You can withdraw the money in whatever currency the ATM you are using supports.

• naVodanaVoda Posts: 4Member
    David wrote:

Hi Navoda,

Thanks for visiting our forum.

You can withdraw the money in whatever currency the ATM you are using supports.

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. So will it show the balance in my currency? and will i be able state the amount i want in my currency?
    naVoda wrote:

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. So will it show the balance in my currency? and will i be able state the amount i want in my currency?

You can indeed enter the amount in your local currency and withdraw in your local currency.

David wrote:

You can indeed enter the amount in your local currency and withdraw in your local currency.

Ah great :)
    Two more things.

1. When i withdraw, will i have to leave some amount for the fees? or will i get the amount after the fees are deducted. that is if i ask for $100, will i get $96.85 after deducting the service charge of $3.15.

2. is the foreign currency transaction fee calculated for the amount i am withdrawing? (if its 3%, when i withdraw $100, it will charge additional 3$ right?)

Thank you David.
    naVoda wrote:

Ah great :)
    Two more things.

1. When i withdraw, will i have to leave some amount for the fees? or will i get the amount after the fees are deducted. that is if i ask for $100, will i get $96.85 after deducting the service charge of $3.15.

2. is the foreign currency transaction fee calculated for the amount i am withdrawing? (if its 3%, when i withdraw $100, it will charge additional 3$ right?)

Thank you David.

The fees are added in addition to what is withdrawn.

David wrote:

The fees are added in addition to what is withdrawn.

Ah right.. thank you David for the prompt replies.