How Much It Takes To Re-activate A Card

NuhilNuhil Member Posts: 3
On the 20th of July 2011, I lost my card and ordered a new/replacement one from payoneer on 25th July by verifying my address and other things. The new card that has been issued to me on 26th July has been successfully approved. But after few days I found my old card behind the window of my room. It seems that some one stoled my money bag but left the card there on beside my room.
Then I contacted to Payoneer customer support for re-activating that old card on 6th August 2011. They asked few security questions and I provided those info. But I am not getting any further reply or confirmation to re-activate my card till now.

Do you know how much time it should take? It is better to get a time estimation than waiting for undefined time.

Thank You

Comments

• NissimNissim Head of Community Administrator Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey,

Re-activation of the old card can be done in a matter of moments, unless the card was cancelled entirely, in which case it cannot be reactivated.

You can check on your online My Account page to see if the card is enabled or not, and I also suggest you contact CS via live chat or telephone to confirm the status of the old card.

As a side note, I would advise refraining from using the old card, simply because you do not know if the individual who stole your wallet also took down the card details. For security reasons, you may be better off throwing it away and using the new card, however that is up to you.

In any event, reactivating an old card doesn't cost anything.
  • NuhilNuhil Member Posts: 3
    Nissim wrote:

Hey,

Re-activation of the old card can be done in a matter of moments, unless the card was cancelled entirely, in which case it cannot be reactivated.

You can check on your online My Account page to see if the card is enabled or not, and I also suggest you contact CS via live chat or telephone to confirm the status of the old card.

As a side note, I would advise refraining from using the old card, simply because you do not know if the individual who stole your wallet also took down the card details. For security reasons, you may be better off throwing it away and using the new card, however that is up to you.

In any event, reactivating an old card doesn't cost anything.

Thank You very much for the reply.
    The fact is I am not getting reply of my support mail. So, I don't know whether my old card is canceled or just taken hold. On the other hand as I notified the authority about finding my card after ordering the new one, they already cut off new card fee $12.95 from my account.
    I just want to know whether my old card will be re-activated or should I wait for the arrival of new card and how much time should I wait for a reply.
  • TaliaTalia Moderator Member Posts: 428 ✭✭
    Like Nissim suggested, you should wait for the new card if you even THINK it's possible someone may have seen your card information.

Our support will probably get back to you very soon.
    Talia