Paid $301 online - Payoneer charged $346.15 - is this a joke or Payoneer scam?

VolodymyrVolodymyr Posts: 4Member
Hi everyone,
I worked hard over a year doing freelance job and this was the first time I decided to spend some of my money.
I've paid $301 USD with my Payoneer card online. The invoice was in USD, my Payoneer account balance shows in USD. Transaction went smooth, but you can imagine my shock when I saw a charge on Payoneer account with the amount of $346.15 USD instead of $300 USD.
I read that there might be some crossboard fees and read that they should not exceed 3%, but this is more than 15% fees!
Payoneer doesn't answer my request to support already second day.
What should I do?

Comments

• JuniorBDJuniorBD Posts: 81Member ✭✭
    Calm down, Payoneer is not a scam....  B)
    Best Regards,
    Abdul Halim Jr.
  • VolodymyrVolodymyr Posts: 4Member
    Hi JuniorBD,
    How do you call it then? If they write everywhere that crossborder fees should not exceed 3%, and then you pay online USD from USD payoneer card - and get more than 15% fees? Is it normal?
    Do you also pay 15% when you pay with Payoneer card?
    Volodymyr said:
    Hi JuniorBD,
    How do you call it then? If they write everywhere that crossborder fees should not exceed 3%, and then you pay online USD from USD payoneer card - and get more than 15% fees? Is it normal?
    Do you also pay 15% when you pay with Payoneer card?

Double check your order page (if available), There maybe a hidden shipping charge available. Wait at least  a week, Payoneer support team will assist you... 
    I didn't spent my money online yet, Hope you will get your answer... Good luck....  o:)
    Best Regards,
    Abdul Halim Jr.
    edited November 2015
    There was no shipping charge because I made a pre-payment for car rental.
    The invoice was in USD.
    Payoneer support team has not yet responded at all.
    Well, you should try spending your money online and then think twice whether you want to transfer your money to Payoneer if they take such 15% fees for spending your money!
    Not sure whether it was because of my multiple support requests or this community post, but now transaction shows exactly $301 USD. However I surely still have screenshots with $346.15 USD on it.
    Will try to use my card in a few weeks again and see if it happens again.
    For now - everything is OK.
    Volodymyr said:
    Not sure whether it was because of my multiple support requests or this community post, but now transaction shows exactly $301 USD. However I surely still have screenshots with $346.15 USD on it.
    Will try to use my card in a few weeks again and see if it happens again.
    For now - everything is OK.
    Hi,
    Did you tried it again ?
    :smiley:
    Best Regards,
    Abdul Halim Jr.