Fraud Appeal Process And Any Possibility To Block Card For Online Shopping

Almost one month back I used to think that keeping your money to Payoneer is a safe option but then someone made shopping of about 700US$ on my card. The fraud transactions appeal is still in process but I am not sure about the future of my robbed money as i really don’t know that what process is exactly taking place OR sorry to say but as I am completely in dark so I ask myself that is there any process taking place or just a debit and credit game.

Whose fault is it when a card never used online, just to withdraw amount from ATM, used by a freak in someother continent for shopping begs, going to massage parlor and eating tuna fish.
My questions are;
Can payoneer make this fraud appeal system more transparent through properly updating card holder?
Can I block card to be used for any kind of online shopping, only use it for ATM withdrawals?

Regards,
Khan

Comments

• NissimNissim Head of Community Administrator Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Khan,

I'm sorry to hear that your card was used fraudulently. We take financial security very seriously, and will do everything we can to have the funds returned to you.

When you dispute an unauthorized transaction, Payoneer files files a chargeback directly with MasterCard. They will then conduct an investigation in to the charge, which includes contacting the merchant to ask for proof of payment.

Online payment regulations require Payoneer/MasterCard to give the merchant sufficient time to review the charge and reply. Due to this, it may take some time for the investigation to be completed. I assure you, however, that as soon as we receive an update from MasterCard you will be notified.

In regards to your last question, we cannot block individual cards for online purchases. I would strongly suggest checking your computer for malware or key loggers, as it appears a 3rd party was able to gain access to your card information.

Please let me know if you have any questions.