Can anyone withdraw money using my ACH routing information?

webpoliswebpolis Member Posts: 7
edited December 2015 in Ask The Community
Hi

I am a freelancer, and have been using the U.S. Payment Service to receive my payments from a certain company. Now, I have given my ACH account information to another individual which I know for a long time, so he can send me some money; is a person I worked with in the past.

Now, I'm concerned about the possibility for him to withdraw money using my routing # + account #. Is that possible? Is there any verification? Even if he's not willing to do so, I'm really concerned about the possibility that anyone having such information (even an old employee, suffering a hack) can withdraw any amount of money.

If the chance is open using the U.S. Payment Service, is there any countermeasure I can try?

Thanks!

Comments

• Adam_PayoneerAdam_Payoneer Administrator Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Hi,

Don't worry,it is not possible. The details we provide are collection account details only. This means that the details can only receive money and not send. Should someone attempt to charge the details we provide to you, he will receive a declined message.

Happy and willing to answer general questions.

For any inquiries directly associated to your Payoneer account, please contact Payoneer's Customer Care Support Center.

• webpoliswebpolis Member Posts: 7
    Thanks Hermes. I can sleep in peace now :)