Transaction Holds In Pre Authorize Transactions List

LTK12129069549968X
I made a purchase in online store. The transaction came to Pre Authorize Transactions List and hangs for 3 days.
Store Customer Support says:
"order is currently holding as we have been unable to obtain authorization to charge your Mastercard account."

The same day, making three purchases on amazon.com and transactions were immediately without any problems.
What is the problem with this latest transaction?
thanks

Comments

• NissimNissim Head of Community Administrator Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Most likely this was an issue in the merchant's system and they were unable to process the transaction. Whenever you try to use the card online, the merchant sends Payoneer an authorization request. Once Payoneer approves it, they then proceed to process the transaction (this all happens in seconds). In this case, Payoneer approved that request, but the merchant did not proceed with the transaction.

Pre-authorization holds last generally up to 7 business days, after which if the merchant does not process them will expire and be returned to your available card balance.
  • Aleksey TabakmanAleksey Tabakman Member Posts: 5
    Thank you!
  • mohymenmohymen Member Posts: 3
    My money holds in Pre-Authorization list for 4weeks, but the transaction was canceled and I paid them via my credit card instead of payoneer card. My ticket id is LTK12129070289971X. Would you please check this? I am waiting for your response but no reply from you side.
    mohymen wrote:

My money holds in Pre-Authorization list for 4weeks, but the transaction was canceled and I paid them via my credit card instead of payoneer card. My ticket id is LTK12129070289971X. Would you please check this? I am waiting for your response but no reply from you side.

When the pre-authorization charge was made, the merchant set an expiration date of 30 days. It is set to expire and be released to your card on December 3.
  • nikitanikita Member Posts: 4

Hello,I just decided to join the forum.I just experienced the same issue with my card today.I bought  a few e-books today from Amazon.com normally,but I could not buy the last three ones I guess.The rest I have bought,are normally have been downloaded and I see that my transactions are fine.However,I tried to send an-email with my issue to the support,and it could not accept my e-mail.And that looks impossible because I log in into my account normally.So,it says that my e-mail does not fit (whe I send my issue to the support).Strange day...hope it is not an Aprils Fool joke...Thank you for listening.

Pre-authorization charges generally expire within 7 business days. If the payment failed on Amazon, the funds should not be charged and will be released back to your available card balance within that time.

Note the in order to send Payoneer Customer Support an e-mail. you need to use our online web form: http://www.payoneer.com/emailform.aspx

• nikitanikita Member Posts: 4

Good morning,thank you for your answer Nissim,.I am not seeing pre-authorization charges anymore on my payoneer page.But I did not see my orders anymore in the Amazon page.The Amazon still believed that I should change my payment options.So,I made my complaints to Amazon,because Payoneer as fas as I understand has nothing to do with it.So,this take an end just right now.My transactions proceed normally about 10 minutes ago and the books are mine,at last.Of course I did not changed my payment method(which is fine) but some companies need to wake up.I suppose that we have to be more demanding and severe with them sometimes.Since I ve got money and I can use my card I do not understand why I should use my credit card instead.So,thanks for the link too.I wish good luck to others too. :thumbsu:

• burnburn Member Posts: 42 ✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Nissim wrote on November 30 2012, 9:40 PM: »

When the pre-authorization charge was made, the merchant set an expiration date of 30 days. It is set to expire and be released to your card on December 3.

I got one transaction in that list. Can you confirm that its expiration time is 7 days? Is there any maximum that the merchant cat set it to? Why is it not possible to do that on demand?

The majority of pre-authorizations are set to 7 business days, while some may be up to 30. You can contact our customer support department to confirm the exact date of expiration.

• sottwellsottwell Member Posts: 1

Trying to make a transaction which was denied, the card was apparently on hold for unknown reasons. It was fine earlier this morning, and still had more than enough to cover the transaction. The denied transaction was for $1.00, I presume this was some kind of test the merchant was making for card validity. I went to the post office (this is a pre-paid postal Visa) and after showing the card and ID and filling out a form and signing a bunch of papers I put some more money into the account and checked the account online again. The $1.00 transaction in question is no longer showing on the pre authorization list, but it's not showing anywhere else, and trying the same transaction again is still denied. Any suggestions?

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,740
    Hi, unfortunately, we do not have access here on the forum to assist you with this issue. Please contact our customer support department directly so that they can check your account details and assist you further: http://www.payoneer.com/contactUs.aspx
This discussion has been closed.