New card "issued in UK" instead of US ?

wildingpwildingp Member Posts: 2
Hi,

It seems my new Payoneer card was "issued in the UK" instead of the US like all my previous cards. This is messing with my Stripe, Clickbank, iTunes and Spotify accounts.

How can this be fixed ASAP?

Thanks,

Wilding.

Comments

• Coder_DzCoder_Dz Member Posts: 99 ✭✭
    Are you sure you didn't apply for the UKPS? I think the UKPS linked Mastercard is issued in the UK, while the standard and the USPS-linked one is still issued in the US.
  • wildingpwildingp Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2016
    Hey,

I did not.

My new card is denominated in US$ in the interface, while the still-available EU card I have not asked for or received is denominated in Euro.

The reason this came up is when I signed up for Spotify with my new card it automatically started billing me in pounds. And when I tried to edit the card it said the card was issued in the UK.
  • sofiotero7sofiotero7 Member Posts: 3
    Hello!
    I have the same problem. Everywhere I pay with this card I get charged in pounds and then I have to pay ridiculous currency conversions fees. My card is in USD, but apparently it has been issued in Great Britain and that is why I am being charged in pounds.
    So far no one has been able to help me with this. Have you found a solution?
    Thanks!
  • Adam_PayoneerAdam_Payoneer Administrator Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

For users applying for a Payoneer account outside the United States, the card that you receive is issued from the bank in Gibraltar. Normally when you travel and use a none local card, the card is charged in the local currency the merchant is requesting it. This is also true in online shops.

While it is ultra rare, a handful of website merchants may attempt to charge the card based on the location the card was issued rather than focus on the actual currency of the card.

With ewallets it is possible to communicate this to them and have them change the currency registered when they perform a transaction.

Keep in mind that the way the funds are converted depends on how the merchant is requesting the funds. A card processor will comply with the request made for the transaction and not predetermine how the transaction will take place.

Happy and willing to answer general questions.

For any inquiries directly associated to your Payoneer account, please contact Payoneer's Customer Care Support Center.