Xoom Transaction

pininapinina Member Posts: 6
Payoneer to zoom
Hi :)
Xoom support just email me saying that even being a US resident, you can't use your prepaid MasterCard to send money
Have any of the US residents ever been permitted to send money via the Xoom system using his Payoneer prepaid MasterCard?
Thanks!

Comments

• DavidDavid Member Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭
    pinina wrote:

Hi :)
    Xoom support just email me saying that even being a US resident, you can't use your prepaid MasterCard to send money
    Have any of the US residents ever been permitted to send money via the Xoom system using his Payoneer prepaid MasterCard?
    Thanks!

Hi,

You cannot send money from the Payoneer card to somewhere else. You can use it anywhere MasterCard is accepted and to receive payments.

• pininapinina Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for your reply.
    I'm asking this because I have a US client. He wants to send me money via the xoom.com system. xoom only accepts payments from US bank accounts or US debit/credit cards.
    I thought that he, as US cardholder, would be able to pay using his prepaid MasterCard. I don't understand why not, sounds weird.
  • DavidDavid Member Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭
    pinina wrote:

Thanks for your reply.
    I'm asking this because I have a US client. He wants to send me money via the xoom.com system. xoom only accepts payments from US bank accounts or US debit/credit cards.
    I thought that he, as US cardholder, would be able to pay using his prepaid MasterCard. I don't understand why not, sounds weird.

He can pay you, but you cannot send money to him from the card.

• pininapinina Member Posts: 6
    Great then!
    Thanks for your help