Keeping different currencies in one Payoneer account

rbbrbb Posts: 6Member
I've just created my account and am deciding whether I should use it to receive some funds via bank transfer from a UK company. If I receive money in GBP, and then later I receive money in USD, does the money stay in its original currency until I either withdraw it from an ATM or withdraw it to my bank account? In other words - say I receive 500 GBP today, and then next week I receive 1000 USD. Then, say I'm in the UK and I withdraw 300 GBP from an ATM. Will my balance then be 200 GBP and 1000 USD? And then, say I'm in the USA and I withdraw 400 USD from an ATM. Will my balance then be 200 GBP and 600 USD?

I'm trying to avoid currency conversions as much as possible, so when I'm in the UK I can use my GBP balance, and when I'm in the US, I can use my USD balance. Is this possible?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • rbbrbb Posts: 6Member
    Thanks Aaron. Do I need two separate cards, each "attached" to a different currency? I have ordered a card, and I see on my account it seems to be "attached" to my USD balance.
  • Adam_PayoneerAdam_Payoneer Posts: 1,109Administrator ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    rbb said:
    Thanks Aaron. Do I need two separate cards, each "attached" to a different currency? I have ordered a card, and I see on my account it seems to be "attached" to my USD balance.
    Correct. You can have one currency card for each currency balance account you own. Meaning up to three active cards at any given time (USD, UK and GBP).
    While Payoneer also offers the Japaense Payment Service for withdrawing funds to your bank account, at this time there are no Mastercards that can be issued in the JPY currency. 

Happy and willing to answer general questions.

For any inquiries directly associated to your Payoneer account, please contact Payoneer's Customer Care Support Center.

So how do I order another card, attached to my GBP account?
  • Adam_PayoneerAdam_Payoneer Posts: 1,109Administrator ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    rbb said:
    So how do I order another card, attached to my GBP account?
    Select the UK balance in your Payoneer account. Once you have earned your first 50 GBP, the option to order a GBP currency Mastercard should become available. 

Happy and willing to answer general questions.

For any inquiries directly associated to your Payoneer account, please contact Payoneer's Customer Care Support Center.

Also, I can't find details of the fees associated with using the Mastercard to withdraw cash from an ATM in the same currency. The help section only says "The exact fees of the card depend on Payoneer's agreement with your Payoneer mass payout company as well as on the card usage. You can view the full list of the fees associated with your card by selecting the "Pricing & Fees" tab located under the "Help" menu in your Payoneer Account." But when I go to the "Pricing & Fees" tab under the Help menu, all I get is the fees associated with receiving payments and withdrawing to a bank account. Perhaps this is because I don't have an active card yet on my account? But in order to decide whether this is the right option for me, I need to know ahead of time what the fees are. I understand that withdrawing in a different currency will incur currency conversion fees, but I'm interested specifically in withdrawals in GBP in the UK, and USD in the US.