Are You A Payoneer Cardholder From Portugal?

NissimNissim Head of CommunityPosts: 4,013Administrator ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
We'd love to hear your feedback!
Hi Guys,

I'd like to reach out to our cardholders from Portugal, and ask that you share your Payoneer card experiences with us.

Do you mainly use your card to purchase online/in stores? Do you prefer to withdraw cash from ATMs?

Do you withdraw in your local currency, or USD? Is there a certain bank that's more low cost than others? Have you ever had issues trying to withdraw cash from ATMs in Portugal?

Let us know!
Nissim
Director of Community at Payoneer

Comments

• zelvzelv Posts: 6Member
    edited November 2012
    Hi everyone!

As I've been talking to Nissim I'm having some problems using Payoneer Card here in Portugal; for two times I was not able to use the card to withdraw money from ATM machines. The first time it took about three days for the card work again, for the second time I can't tell because it's happening right now. [EDIT] Card worked 2 days after

ATM machines return a "Operation not available. Please try again later". One thing I noticed is that both times, I went to a ATM that 'said' only €140 available; I withdraw and the next ATM I went it return that error. I didn't withdraw $2500 any of the times so this is nothing to do with the daily limits.

I hope I can hear other portugueses experience or even other European users.

Thanks Nissim for your fast and kind support.
    [UPDATE] Card's working again - 2 days unavailable
  • NissimNissim Head of Community Posts: 4,013Administrator ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the update. If anyone else has feedback or experience they can share, we'd love to hear from you.
    Nissim
  • redwormredworm Posts: 2Member
    Hi,

i am with the same problem since day 11-01-2013 i get Operation not Available. Try Later

Can someone help?

Thanks
    since my last update the card stop working two more times (periods of 4 days). it's almost one week working one week not working!! nissim thanks for your support on this and in any topic but I think Payoneer should consider doing something about this because we can never be assured our card will work and that's very annoying...
    I agree that the issue is certainly frustrating, and from our checks it seems to be a problem in the local banking network in your area. We will continue to follow up and see if there is anything we can do on our end, and if anyone else experience this issue please update on this thread.
    Nissim
  • redwormredworm Posts: 2Member
    Hi Nissim,

i already try 5 or more ATM's from different bank's and all give me the same error

Operation not Available. Try Later

Thanks
  • danielaRoseydanielaRosey Posts: 3Member
    edited February 2013

Hello! I am a new payoneer cardholder and I live in Portugal, more specific in Lisbon! I just got my payment method as payoneer from january...Now I received my first payment and I would like some opinions from which ATM/ bank should I withdrowl my money :) to avoide possible problems, and also if you know which are the fees and the limit per day/ Thank you

I would recommend using MasterCard's official ATM locator, or going to any ATM that officially accepts debit MasterCard cards: http://www.mastercard.us/cardholder-services/atm-locator.html

The daily cash withdrawal limit is $2,500.00, and you also have a daily purchase limit of $2,500.00 (total daily limit of $5,000.00).  

Nissim
  • Hello

I'm having same problem in Portugal!

I've been only making 250$-270$ withdraws per day without any problem and today only allowed me 140€ (about 190$).

After that I've tried different ATM and it shows message "Operation not Available. Try Later".

Can you please help me?

I didnt exceed any daily limit as you can see only 250$-270$ per day.

Is there any weekly or monthly limits?

Can you please help me?

Kind regards

Antonio

AntonioFigueiredo wrote on February 12 2013, 11:54 PM: »

Hello

I'm having same problem in Portugal!

I've been only making 250$-270$ withdraws per day without any problem and today only allowed me 140€ (about 190$).

After that I've tried different ATM and it shows message "Operation not Available. Try Later".

Can you please help me?

I didnt exceed any daily limit as you can see only 250$-270$ per day.

Is there any weekly or monthly limits?

Can you please help me?

Kind regards

Antonio

Yes I think is really a serious problem, why we cannot withdrowl more than 200 euro ? and with so big local comissions ? please tell us something more than to find because a master card  atm, because I found and it was the same problem...can you make some kind of agreement with the banks or I dont know ? I do not want to change the service, because I am happy with it, but this might be a serious problem :(

It seems like the specific bank may have a limit of its own. This would be for all credit/debit cards, not only Payoneer, that use the bank.

I would suggest trying a different bank with higher limits.

Nissim

Anyone from Portugal have ideea if it is better to pay with payoneer in stores/ restaurants..etc...rather than withdrowl from ATM ? usually what kind of comissions ( %) they take when you use it in normal stores? it is one advantage to spend the money like that or it is the same ? because when I withdrowled 200 euro they took around 25 comission and I am not happy :(

• teeenteeteeentee Posts: 2Member

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but this exact same thing happens sometimes in Norway. It's not only with Payoneer, either; it seems to be something to do with Mastercard in general, because when it happens I find that my Visa cards work fine but my Mastercards return these errors.

danielaRosey wrote on February 16 2013, 9:57 PM: »

Anyone from Portugal have ideea if it is better to pay with payoneer in stores/ restaurants..etc...rather than withdrowl from ATM ? usually what kind of comissions ( %) they take when you use it in normal stores? it is one advantage to spend the money like that or it is the same ? because when I withdrowled 200 euro they took around 25 comission and I am not happy :(

it is better to pay on stores with the card everytime that's possible (not all of them accept) because there's no taxes associated. and you can withdraw more than €200, just do it twice...

teeentee wrote on February 24 2013, 3:35 PM: »

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but this exact same thing happens sometimes in Norway. It's not only with Payoneer, either; it seems to be something to do with Mastercard in general, because when it happens I find that my Visa cards work fine but my Mastercards return these errors.

you cannot make that assumption because your visa is not from Payoneer...

Thanks to everyone that provided their feedback so far. I just wanted to add that Payoneer does constantly monitor our systems internally, and also card usage in certain areas. If we see a significant reduction in an area (Portugal for example), we would be alerted and then proceed to follow up with our card issuer and MasterCard. Currently, however, this has not been the case.

Nissim
  • GabiGabi Posts: 1Member
    edited August 2013

Hello, i have my MasterCard of Payoneer since June and last week i withdrawn 1800€ and after that i get a everyday message saying: "Operation Not Available" until today.

Tried more than 3 ATM's and all with the same page error.

What i need to do to fix it?

Best Regards

Gabi

• RomiRomi Community Manager Posts: 2,706Member ✭✭✭

Hi Gabi, please give me your email so I can look into it.

Romi

Community Manager at Payoneer

Find us on Facebook & Twitter

• DanielaRombaDanielaRomba Posts: 1Member

Im having the exact same problem as Gabi, and I withdrawed the same ammount...

Cant withdraw more. «Operation not available. try again later». I contacted the bank, they said it could be some kind of problem related to mixed lines or something and that there was nothing they could do... They just told me to wait.

• cameraphpcameraphp Posts: 2Member
    I'm from Paraguay, it's quite frustrating when ATM got "Operation Not Allowed" and this issue happens with debit card with "sim cards". I have other card the old which is active one without "sim card" and that one does not have this kinda of problem. What steps should I follow to resolve this issue? it's about local network ATM bank need to talk?
  • cameraphpcameraphp Posts: 2Member
    > @Nissim said:
    > Thank you for the update. If anyone else has feedback or experience they can share, we'd love to hear from you.

Nissim, what are the steps to follow to resolve this kinda of problem, I cannot withdraw with the new card with "sim card". The car with sim car can withdraw without problems. How to solve this ?