Cant Add Payoneer To Amazon Associates

Hi,

I received and activated my Payoneer card today. I also activated the US Payment Service part.

Ok, so I go to Amazon Associates to make my Payoneer First Century Bank account my payment method of choice, but there are only 2 options:

1) An Amazon gift certificate
2) A check mailed to my home

There was NO field I could use to load up the FIrst Century Bank details. I realise this is a question I could also ask Amazon, but they are soooo slow in replying.

Can you assist me please,

Thanks cambonick

Comments

• cambonickcambonick Posts: 4Member
    edited November 2012
    Further to the above, I got an explanatory email from Amazon Associates today. It reads in part:

"I apologize for any misunderstanding. In order to qualify for the direct deposit of your Associates earnings, all three of the following conditions must be met:

1) your payee address must be in the United States
    2) your bank must be a United States Financial Institution
    3) you must have a U.S. tax ID number or a Social Security number."

So could someone from Payoneer please explain to me: WHAT use is having a Payoneer card to someone who is living outside the USA, and who does not have either a tax id or a social security number?

cambonick
  • NissimNissim Head of Community Posts: 4,013Administrator ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Hi,

A US tax ID is generally not required if you reside outside the US, unless specifically requested by Amazon. It's likely you received an automated/canned response.

The US direct deposit option used to be listed for non-US residents, and was recently removed. We are aware of this, and working towards a possible solution that will allow you to once again receive payments from Amazon Associates.

We will post an update to our blog once we have further information.

Note: Anyone may apply for a US ITIN, which is an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number, even non-US residents.
    Nissim
    Director of Community at Payoneer
    Hi Nissim, and thanks for the reply.

Yes, I would greatly appreciate it if you guys could post a workaround for this annoying issue.

As it stands, in desperation I put in First Centruy Banks address in Georgia, but Amazon tumbled to that as well, saying I must not use a bank as my address . . . Blah blah blah.

So at present, with my Payoneer card I only satisfy one of amazons three conditions, and so I am still regarded as some sort of alien, and restricted to getting a check or vouchers. Not AT ALL want I want to be happening! I thought the world was a "global village" now?

Cheers cambonick
  • NissimNissim Head of Community Posts: 4,013Administrator ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013

The option for US direct deposit should now once again be appearing as a payment method for international associates. You should be able to enter your US Payment Service information in the form and receive your payments to Payoneer.

Nissim
    Director of Community at Payoneer
    Hi again Nissim,

Yes you are thankfully right. Today I went to the Amazon Assoc page and put my address back to the proper Australian one, and yes the "deposit to bank account" option was available.

I had to re-enter all the Payoneer data again, but at least it now seems this card of yours is of some use to me - and the thousands of other Amazon Associates who reside outside that one country .... the USA

Thankyou for any part you had to play in this.

cambonick