What are "Pre Authorize Transactions"?

Hi Payoneer support team and other members!

I saw the section "Pre Authorize Transactions" on transactions page and wondering what is it for? It shows a list of transactions that have been made from my account while I hhave purchased nothing.

Only attaching the card to any service is also charged? How can we manage that which company/website can charge from our account??

Thanks,
Moin

Answers

• NissimNissim Head of Community Posts: 4,013Administrator ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    A "pre-authorization" charge is a pending hold on funds placed by a merchant. This means they requested to authorize the card, but have not yet completed a transaction.

If the transaction is then completed, it will be listed on your transaction list. If it is not completed, and it was just a temporary hold on funds to confirm that your card is valid, the pending hold will expire and the funds will be released to your card (generally within 7 business days).
    Nissim
    Director of Community at Payoneer
  • HenglyHengly Posts: 2Member
    edited April 2017
    But mine last for 1 week now and still not expire and release the fund back? and there are 3 of them, each charged $1.01. Please help
  • Adam_PayoneerAdam_Payoneer Posts: 1,109Administrator ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Hengly said:
    But mine last for 1 week now and still not expire and release the fund back? and there are 3 of them, each charged $1.01. Please help

7 working days = 10 days.

The magic number in this case is 10 days when talking about a pre-authed transaction. If after 10 days the transactions are not automatically released, you should contact Payoneer support for assistance in reversing the charges.

Happy and willing to answer general questions.

For any inquiries directly associated to your Payoneer account, please contact Payoneer's Customer Care Support Center.

• ninuininui Posts: 2Member
    I had a transaction that was supposed to be a holding payment from a merchant but then, I was automatically charged to my account 2 days after that, how could I open a dispute or any solutions regarding to this issue?

thanks