Difference between Account Balance and Card Balance?

Hi,

Sorry if this isn't the right forum for this question, but I couldn't find a help forum and I haven't gotten a response from customer service yet. Could anyone please explain why my account balance and card balance would be different amounts? What is the difference between a card balance and an account balance exactly? I pretty much thought they would be the same thing, as I can only use my card to spend money from my account. For some reason though, there is currently just over $500 more in my Account Balance than my Card Balance... I don't at all understand what that is about, so any help would be much appreciated!

Comments

• NissimNissim Head of Community Posts: 4,013Administrator ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    For security reasons, there is a limit to how much can be available on your prepaid card at any given time. Your Payoneer account, however, has no limit.

If your account has a balance greater than the maximum card balance, you will see the different listed in the account balance. As you make purchases with the card, our system will automatically transfer funds from your account balance to the available card balance.

This is done to protect your funds.
    Nissim
    Director of Community at Payoneer
  • WrexaurWrexaur Posts: 5Member
    edited December 2012
    Nissim wrote:

For security reasons, there is a limit to how much can be available on your prepaid card at any given time. Your Payoneer account, however, has no limit.

If your account has a balance greater than the maximum card balance, you will see the different listed in the account balance. As you make purchases with the card, our system will automatically transfer funds from your account balance to the available card balance.

This is done to protect your funds.

Thanks! Is that listed in the FAQ at all? It sounds very reasonable, but it was a little confusing seeing those two different numbers and not knowing why. Oh also, whilst I am asking questions - is there any account limit?

Thanks again!
    edited December 2012
    I'm unsure if this is specifically listed in the FAQs, as it's not a question that comes up often (many accounts do not reach this limit), however it should be listed in the terms and conditions for the card; I will check on that.

There is no account limit. You can receive payments for as much as you'd like. The only balance limit is the amount that we'll allow to be available on the card at any given time.
    Nissim
  • nigelinspainnigelinspain Posts: 5Member
    edited January 2013

I have a similar problem as above. My account shows I have 65.92 in it but my card balance only shows as being 35.31. Now I know that you have taken the annual card maintenance fee of 29.95 from the account balance but that should leave 35.97.

So how come my card balance is less another 0.66? Is there some other charge that has been added on and if so what is it for?

Sorry I just had a thought and edited this. Am I right in thinking this is the 1% commission?

Thanks

It's possible it was the payment fee, yes. The transaction list updates every 6 hours after which you will see all applicable charges.

Nissim
  • sammyblackwisemansammyblackwiseman Posts: 38Member ✭✭
    Hello
    I have 49.55 dollars In my total balance and it's been almost 24hrs now..it has yet to appear on my card and I need to use it at the Atm to withdraw funds. Pls help
  • CasvidCasvid Posts: 1Member
    pls I would appreciate if u enlighten me more about this my question which is if I want withdraw my payment to my local bank what would the currency be in when coming into my local bank account and can I use a master card from payoneer to withdrawal in Nigeria or Debit card am really confused pls enlighten me more