When I have received a payment, how can I refund it back to the payer

tomlemestomlemes Posts: 4Member
Scenario: I send a payment request to a client for a service which will be delivered in future. Client pays and I receive their money in my Payoneer account. Next client needs to cancel the service so I want to refund their payment.

How can I do this? I have been searching, but did not find an answer. It seems like it must be quite a common requirement.

Answers

• Yarden_PayoneerYarden_Payoneer Posts: 92Administrator ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017

With account specific issues it's best to contact the Support Center directly.

Happy and willing to answer general questions.
    For any inquires directly associated to your Payoneer account, please contact Payoneer's Customer Care Support Center.
  • tomlemestomlemes Posts: 4Member
    Thanks Yarden, but this is not an account specific question. I am not currently trying to issue a refund. I am trying to find out whether Payoneer has a way to return a payment to the payee when a refund is necessary (it is a regular requirement when people change their minds or their plans change). This refund function is available in PayPal and so I expected Payoneer to offer it also.

Should I assume from your response that I would need to contact the Support Center every time I needed to refund a payment?
  • mimosa54119mimosa54119 Posts: 1Member
    Paypal has failed and everyone has boycotted paypal in the world. This is the function of scammers. If you want it you are also someone who wants to cheat someone
  • tomlemestomlemes Posts: 4Member
    Huh? I was simply asking whether Payoneer has a "refund" function so that a payment can be returned when a clients cancsls their order. Your response hasn't addressed this at all.
  • Cristale_PayoneerCristale_Payoneer Posts: 1,277Administrator ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@tomlemes No there is no such an option for now, although this is a good idea:). The reason is that the payment is done through a payment request and as soon as your client accepts and pays this request, the payment is initiated. In order to cancel it, you will need to contact the support and verify what are the options to refund the payment in that case.