Payment Rejected - Best Practice To Solve This?

Clau123Clau123 Member Posts: 1
Hello,

I'm getting the "payment rejected" error for a payment I'm trying to receive. I know what it is. I know why it appears. I'm asking though what is the most efficient way to instruct my client when it comes dealing with his bank? I'd rather not have him waste 30 minutes explaining in detail everything.

Are there certain conditions in which this happens? Can I instruct him in any manner that he can just solve this fast and easy? It is an US bank, payment by credit card. His first payment was rejected, then he received a confirmation email (to confirm the payment) which he confirmed. It seemed though that it still haven't gone through. I've already dealt with customer support which simply told me that the payment was rejected by the client's bank.

So I know it is not a problem with Payoneer, I'm just looking for the wisdom to solve this as soon as possible and as easy as possible. What did you do in a similar case?

Best regards,
Claud

Answers

• Adam_PayoneerAdam_Payoneer Administrator Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Good day Clau,

Assuming that the payment is freelance or service related (meaning it can be approved), the most common reason for a payment to be rejected is because the clients or employers credit card issuer declined the transaction.

Many credit card providers implement added security and at times may automatically block a transaction in order to ensure the safety and security of the money.

Once the client calls the bank to clear it up, the next transaction should go through without a hitch.

Happy and willing to answer general questions.

For any inquiries directly associated to your Payoneer account, please contact Payoneer's Customer Care Support Center.