Charge Back Policy On Private Load

masoommasoom Posts: 4Member
edited October 2011 in Ask The Community
I need to know about charge back policy
Dear Fellows,

I got a private load from a person in a Greece. He have no account on payoneer he just process the private load after all verification with his credit card. Now after about one week. He ask me to do another work for free when i refused he said that he will ran a charge back over payoneer and I have to pay that amount back. So is that possible?
Please guide me if it is possible than I am not going to use payoneer again and I will with draw my money from the card so in case of charge back I will not pay anything. It's about 7 days after the transaction. I don't think so he can not claim charge back.

please guide me

Regards
M

Comments

• TaliaTalia Moderator Posts: 514Member ✭✭
    Hi Masoom,

Technically a user can file a chargeback up to 90 days (and even more) from when the charge was performed. These are usually issued directly to the credit card company and MasterCard would basically automatically charge it back to them. When we get notification, we will ask you for proof that the job was performed (though it's very hard to prove of course), but honestly there are very few cases where this is resolved.

Unfortunately, it seems you are stuck. Since we are not a payment processor, we cannot offer conflict resolution (we have no way of knowing what was asked and what was done). While we provide the option for private loads, we recommend that our cardholders go through our partners as much as possible. If you are a freelancer, for example, going through oDesk, eLance, Freelancer, etc. would be best if possible since they would be able to control what is being offered and done since payment is through them.

The problem here isn't only with Payoneer, by the way, you would have the same problem with any prepaid card. If you go through a processing site, it will be easier. I would save all of your communication with him, especially the email that says he will chargeback if you don't do another job for him - it pretty much proves that you did do it the first time, and maybe we would be able to get the chargeback canceled in this case.
    Talia
  • masoommasoom Posts: 4Member
    Sir the thing is this that he is on my skype and he just processed the payment manually from his card I just gave him my email ID only. Please let me know I have the developed site already running thats what i can show to you please help me out what to do now
    what i think is that I am going to close the account in that case I have no concern with any one more related to this simple is that. Okay
    Hi Masoom,

The thing is that the chargeback isn't made to us, it's made directly to MasterCard, so we have no control over their decision. In the future, by the way, you should definitely keep records of any jobs you perform online (if you have an email that says he requested the work, then an email fro you saying you're done on one day, and a payment that goes through after that date, there is no huge reason that shouldn't work). Again, there is nothing we can do in this case, but you should probably warn other people about him anywhere you can. Make sure you have your conversation saved.

Payoneer was founded to help companies pay their users all over the world, and while we provide a private load feature at the request of our users, like I said, we cannot provide resolution since we aren't a processor at all. I'm sorry if this makes you stop using the card, but you should know that any other company like us (not a processor) will give you the same answer.
    Talia
    Talia wrote:

Hi Masoom,

The thing is that the chargeback isn't made to us, it's made directly to MasterCard, so we have no control over their decision. In the future, by the way, you should definitely keep records of any jobs you perform online (if you have an email that says he requested the work, then an email fro you saying you're done on one day, and a payment that goes through after that date, there is no huge reason that shouldn't work). Again, there is nothing we can do in this case, but you should probably warn other people about him anywhere you can. Make sure you have your conversation saved.

Payoneer was founded to help companies pay their users all over the world, and while we provide a private load feature at the request of our users, like I said, we cannot provide resolution since we aren't a processor at all. I'm sorry if this makes you stop using the card, but you should know that any other company like us (not a processor) will give you the same answer.

Okay Now I have close my payoneer account with you guys now if charge back happens what will you guys going to do? Cause in that case I am not going to pay you guys for nothing.

Please reply me
    I don't actually know. Hopefully this chargeback won't occur.
    Talia
  • paulwilliamspaulwilliams Posts: 26Member ✭✭
    I'm about to request funds but does Payoneer offer any seller protection?

I cannot accept funds from a buyer and have it turn into an unauthorised claim.

AudioBuy LLC
This discussion has been closed.