Documents required for payment confirmation

VersitekVersitek Mr. AwesomePosts: 18Member

RE: Payment ID: 6087120

Someone sent money and now it says " Missing information, please contact Customer Support".  How is this possible?  There is nothing wrong with my account, the payment was showed cleared by the sender and I checked the profile and all the information is correct as well.  My card is not expired and I even ordered a new one for when it does in a few months.  

OH... and NO RESPONSE from customer support.  Why ask me to contact you if you dont reply to it? 

Im sitting here waiting for this money to clear so my family can EAT SOMETHING but by god nooooo... dont let that happen!!  THAT MIGHT BE A CRIME RIGHT?  I work from home and this is how we eat and how I pay bills. So, I'm wondering... is anyone even going to answer this one (i mean in a way that will RESOLVE the "problem"?)

How come every time you say theres a problem, its at 3Am on a weekend?  Sound SETUP to me.  The payment was sent to me on a friday evening and now 3Am on sunday morning.. suddenly theres a "problem".

Comments

• NissimNissim Head of Community Posts: 4,013Administrator ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

For private loads, we may request that the loader provide additional information - that is what this status message means. It's not related to your Payoneer card or account status. Once we receive the requested details, we will be able to complete the payment. 

Regarding customer support, e-mails can take 2-3 business days to be replied to. For the quickest support, we suggest telephone or live chat. 

Once the loader provides the requested documents, please let me know and I'll make sure it's reviewed asap.

Nissim
    Director of Community at Payoneer
  • VersitekVersitek Mr. Awesome Posts: 18Member
    What requested documents? And why do my clients have to be annoyed by these issues? This exact same client sent me payment through you before.
    Nissim wrote on February 24 2013, 10:21 AM: »

Hi,

For private loads, we may request that the loader provide additional information - that is what this status message means. It's not related to your Payoneer card or account status. Once we receive the requested details, we will be able to complete the payment. 

Regarding customer support, e-mails can take 2-3 business days to be replied to. For the quickest support, we suggest telephone or live chat. 

Once the loader provides the requested documents, please let me know and I'll make sure it's reviewed asap.

I should mention for the record... when I said the same customer loaded money before... you can refer to transaction ID 3654429 for that.

Wish I can hear some kind of good news.  It's 4:54 in the morning and I can't sleep because of this.  I'm too old to die from sleep deprivation you know!

Sorry to keep you awake! It's not something personal to your loader, simply online payment regulations require that we follow certain security procedures. While we may not always ask for additional documents, at times we may. Note that if we do it will only be required once per loader, after which the same loader will not be asked again.

We sent the loader an e-mail with describing which details are necessary, so you can advise them to reply to that. Feel free to let me know once they do and I will personally make sure it's reviewed promptly.

Nissim
    Nissim wrote on February 24 2013, 11:18 AM: »

Sorry to keep you awake! It's not something personal to your loader, simply online payment regulations require that we follow certain security procedures. While we may not always ask for additional documents, at times we may. Note that if we do it will only be required once per loader, after which the same loader will not be asked again.

We sent the loader an e-mail with describing which details are necessary, so you can advise them to reply to that. Feel free to let me know once they do and I will personally make sure it's reviewed promptly.

I guess that's understandable but for the record, this makes me look bad as a Developer.  They already had issues trying to figure out how to load the card.  I wouldn't even be having them use payoneer to send me money if it weren't for the fact that my own client portal is down for maintenace (because I was expecting business to be slow until the middle of next month).  So on top of my regular merchant account AND google checkout on that page being unusable at the moment ...and then her having problems figuring out how to load a card on that payoneer page {and exchanging 5 different emails to me while trying to resolve it}, she now has to provide additional info.  

I can almost expect that she won't be returning again for a third time in the future which costs me a good client (and obviously income).  I rely on being a Developer to feed a family of four (and none of the other three are capable of working [2 kids and a disabled woman]) so you see how this can be frustrating for me in a MAJOR way.  I'm not "Payoneer" or "Mastercard".  I rely on 1 customer like you rely on THOUSANDS of them.  One client can mean the difference between an income one month or NO income that month... especially in the slow seasons like now.  

Perhaps this really doesn't mean anything to Payoneer because it's not effecting them like it is me.  I don't know.  But for the record... there it is.  inconveniences like this one little thing is costing me another 3 days of trying to figure out how my kids are going to eat.  Not that my wife cares cause she already lives off of Ramen noodles even when there's a whole cow in the fridge but still.  And also makes me lose sleep wondering how this is going to effect my business.  People expect to just use a credit card, make a payment and Ta-Dah ...done.  This is not happenning here though.  What does she need now, a DNA sample?  A promise to give up her first born?  Chunk of flesh?  This is just weird.

We do take these issues very seriously and understand the importance of the situation to you. In order to ensure the financial security of both Payoneer and our account holders, we strongly believe that these procedures are necessary. The requested information is simply an ID and confirmation of the method of payment.

Overall, however, Payoneer is mainly a solution for you to receive payments from our official partners, or via the US Payment Service. We are not a dedicated payment processor, so for any payment processing needs you would have a much better experience with one of our partners such as 2CheckOut, Bluesnap or FastSpring. You can also receive payments to PayPal and then withdraw to Payoneer using our US Payment Service.

Nissim
    Nissim wrote on February 24 2013, 11:48 AM: »

We do take these issues very seriously and understand the importance of the situation to you. In order to ensure the financial security of both Payoneer and our account holders, we strongly believe that these procedures are necessary. The requested information is simply an ID and confirmation of the method of payment.

Overall, however, Payoneer is mainly a solution for you to receive payments from our official partners, or via the US Payment Service. We are not a dedicated payment processor, so for any payment processing needs you would have a much better experience with one of our partners such as 2CheckOut, Bluesnap or FastSpring. You can also receive payments to PayPal and then withdraw to Payoneer using our US Payment Service.

Yah I know that... I mentioned in the last post, I usually use a merchant account or google checkout.  Luckily for you, two doses of benadryl are kicking in so you dont have to wait for me to post again for a while.  I'm off to bed and hopefully something happens tomorrow.

Great!  And now Im out of Mountain Dew.  Armageddon begins when I wake up thirsty! Spread the word.

Waking up thirsty and having no Mountain Dew left is uncool - that seems like the most pressing issue! Will have to find a solution for that ;)

Nissim

Great... she can't even get to a fax machine til Monday.  So then what...  another 3 days after that til it clears?  This is a joke all in of itself.

Nissim wrote on February 24 2013, 11:48 AM: »

ok, you asked me to let you know once she provided that information.  She did. 

Now I try to login but the login page just says ..

Service Unavailable!

What the hell?  Is this madness ever going to end????????????

We did receive the loaders documents, so I'll make sure that's processed promptly (within the next 12-24 hours).

Regarding the site, we're aware of the issue and it will be resolved asap.

Nissim
    edited February 2013
    Nissim wrote on February 25 2013, 10:57 PM: »

We did receive the loaders documents, so I'll make sure that's processed promptly (within the next 12-24 hours).

Regarding the site, we're aware of the issue and it will be resolved asap.

Okay cool.  Thought I was being PUNKED for a minute there.  Was waiting for ashton kutcher to jump out of the back room!

:)

Site is back up and fully operational! :thumbsu:

Nissim

Now this is just getting pathetic.  I mean seriously.  After all this time, It finally clears only to tell me that it will be another couple of days.  IS THIS SOME KIND OF JOKE!  The money was sent on the 22nd but estimated load date is the 28th?????????  A WEEK???

Once the payment was submitted, we sent the loader an e-mail requesting further details within a few hours. Within 24 hours of the loader sending us these documents, the payment was approved and pending to be loaded. As mentioned on our private load page, payments take up to 2 business days to be funded once approved.

Also note that for future payments from this loader, they won't be required to re-submit the documents.

Nissim
    edited May 2013
    Nissim wrote on February 28 2013, 11:28 PM: »

Once the payment was submitted, we sent the loader an e-mail requesting further details within a few hours. Within 24 hours of the loader sending us these documents, the payment was approved and pending to be loaded. As mentioned on our private load page, payments take up to 2 business days to be funded once approved.

Also note that for future payments from this loader, they won't be required to re-submit the documents.

Well I was FLAT OUT lied to here!  This same loader was just now rejected and asked to provide this information again!  I called customer support and yah they're "support" alright because they support this lie there too by saying that she was never asked to go through this verification process.  And the customer service rep "Agnus" was very snide and rude by simply talking over me and interrupting constantly without listening to me.  

Well this is the last time... I already got an email from the client asking me if she can use another type of payment.  I told her that i would contact support first and see if i can get this resolved.  Any response other than a resolution to this LIE, and I will just send her a GW invoice and handle my business elsewhere for now on.  Explain to me how that is good for your business... especially when my newletter will also include a long explanation as to why I will not longer be using payponeer in the future due to the hassles I've had to constantly endure?  

Problem Payment ID now: 6721611

Payment id where she previously provided her info: 6087120

And now i just get an email from the client saying that you guys have already pulled the funds from her card.  So are we going to have this problem fixed ASAP or is this becoming a legal issue?

Wow.. still no response?  Really?  I understand that you can't be on here all the time but am I to believe that nobody else works there?  Oh and the customer support said she'd have the manager call within 2 hours.  Gee... that was like 4 and a half hours ago.  MORE LIES. ...who knew?

I see that our customer support team is already in touch with you, but I wanted to post and explain the process.

As mentioned previously, the loader had already provided documents to confirm their method of payment. The issue is that for this recent payment, the loader used a different method of payment, which is not confirmed in our system. They have now sent the documents and the payment will be funded within 24 hours. 

This is a one-time verification process, so the loader will not need to provide documents again when using the same method of payment - however online payment regulations require that we confirm each method of payment, so if they use a different one in the future we may ask to verify it again.

Nissim
    edited May 2013
    Nissim wrote on May 10 2013, 8:40 AM: »

I see that our customer support team is already in touch with you, but I wanted to post and explain the process.

As mentioned previously, the loader had already provided documents to confirm their method of payment. The issue is that for this recent payment, the loader used a different method of payment, which is not confirmed in our system. They have now sent the documents and the payment will be funded within 24 hours. 

This is a one-time verification process, so the loader will not need to provide documents again when using the same method of payment - however online payment regulations require that we confirm each method of payment, so if they use a different one in the future we may ask to verify it again.

Just out of curiosity, at what point does the identiy of a person change just because they use a different card to make a payment?  I mean, were you expecting them to have a different ID than last time or something?  Maybe someone got a name change, sex change and a facelift since then and then circled the entire globe seeking out their twin doppleganger in the hopes that they will also have the exact same name and ID with the same address and everything so they can steal their identity?  I mean, it just blows my mind trying to figure out the logic behind all of this.

edited May 2013

In this specific case the identity isn't the main issue, we just need to confirm that the method of payment is valid. It's the same basic idea as a cashier would ask to see your card when purchasing at a store.

Payoneer is not a dedicated payment processor, and so we have additional verification that must be carried out. It's in no way meant to imply that the transaction is fraudulent in any way, or that the loader (or yourself) are attempting to conduct any unauthorized activity, it's simply a security procedure in place to ensure the financial security of both Payoneer and our account holders.

Nissim
    Nissim wrote on May 10 2013, 12:26 PM: »

In this specific case the identity isn't the main issue, we just need to confirm that the method of payment is valid. It's the same basic idea as a cashier would ask to see your card when purchasing at a store.

Payoneer is not a dedicated payment processor, and so we have additional verification that must be carried out. It's in no way meant to imply that the transaction is fraudulent in any way, or that the loader (or yourself) are attempting to conduct any unauthorized activity, it's simply a security procedure in place to ensure the financial security of both Payoneer and our account holders.

Okay, not to keep monopolizing anyone's time or anything and I'm ceretainly not mad at the moment because the situation is resolved, I just want to follow up on this out of curiosity...

• What I was referring to is the fact that the information requested consists of a photo ID whereas the last transaction required one as well.  How is the second one she sent any different than the first one?  
    • And how does faxing in a copy of an id make anything more secure when someone could easily get a hold of someone's ID card and fax it themselves?  They aren't sitting there in person to verify that that is the person who is faxing it to begin with.  

Furthermore, I use credit cards and debit cards all the time and I have never once been carded by cashier to prove that I am the person on the card.  People who purchase through paypal use credit cards and are not asked to do this every time they use a different card (I mean the paypal account holders do in order to receive the money but the payees just use a card like anyone else does by putting in their 4 digit code that is on the back of that card).  I've never been asked by anyone to do something like this when simply making a payment to someone... I only get asked stuff like this when setting up and account to receive money.  

And If you think about it, this whole proccess is very un-nerving to many people to think that not only are they sending you their credit card information but they are also sending you copies of their ID which means... what is to stop people who work there from using that same info to steal their identity?  Not that you do that but how can my customers know that?  After talking to that one rude customer service representative, it's apparent to me that not EVERYONE who works there conducts themselves is a very professinal manner and begs me to ask the question "How secure is anyone's information there, really?"

All valid questions. To address some of them:

- While not all cashiers ask to see your card, regulations require them to. The ones that don't aren't following proper procedure - we take these regulations very seriously as they keep our service secure.

- Payoneer is not a dedicated payment processor, and so the process may be different when compared to other services. If you are looking for a full payment processor we very much do advise that you consider one of our partners (such as 2Checkout, Avangate, FastSpring, Bluesnap, and others). In addition, you can receive the payments to PayPal and withdraw via our US Payment Service: http://community.payoneer.com/index.php?/topic/1948-what-is-the-us-payment-service-how-does-it-work/

Nissim
    Nissim wrote on May 10 2013, 1:01 PM: »

All valid questions. To address some of them:

- While not all cashiers ask to see your card, regulations require them to. The ones that don't aren't following proper procedure - we take these regulations very seriously as they keep our service secure.

- Payoneer is not a dedicated payment processor, and so the process may be different when compared to other services. If you are looking for a full payment processor we very much do advise that you consider one of our partners (such as 2Checkout, Avangate, FastSpring, Bluesnap, and others). In addition, you can receive the payments to PayPal and withdraw via our US Payment Service: http://community.payoneer.com/index.php?/topic/1948-what-is-the-us-payment-service-how-does-it-work/

Yah I like to warn people against using PayPal.  I had an account once when they tried withdrawing two amounts of approximately $300 each from my bank account claming that it was for items purchased on eBay...  Whereas the problem is...  I never had an eBay account at the time nor did I purchase anything.  That was over 5 years and to this day, those A** Holes are still trying to collect that money via a collection agency.  The only way I could stop it manually was I went and shut down my bank account and opened a new one.  The bank manager even claimed in her own words "Yah I had that problem with them before too along with a few customers.  I thought they might be lying until it happened to me".  Since then that bank refused to connect a paypal account with people's checking accounts.  Ironically, shortly after that, the bank was shut down and switched hands (business names) 3 times.  Yah...  ask me to use PayPal.  Pft right.

And I never heard of the other ones except for 2checkout.  But when trying to do an online verification with them, they said my social security number didn't match my account info.  Now how is that possible when it's been my number since birth and I even checked and made sure I entered it correctly?  so after several attempts of calling and talking to incompetents that didn't know what to say or how to proceed, I finally gave up on them.

The only reason I came to know about payoneer was through affiliates.  The primary source of payment being through conduit and freelancer.com.  But let's talk about that....

Conduit had an affiliate program that they discontinued as soon as they realized that people were actually making money off it.  And Freelancer.com... well... here's the article I wrote about their dumbest decision ever.  Which will lead to answer as to why all of a sudden I am accepting payments directly through clients instead of freelancer.com.

I'll have to look into the other ones you mentioned though.  Thanks for that.