Thank you for visiting our Community Forum. For anything community-related please visit our SMB Network (https://www.payoneer.com/community/) or Resource Hub (https://www.payoneer.com/resources/). For support inquiries please visit http://paynr.co/ask.

Card abuse

Djoker
Djoker Member Posts: 5
I had a card abuse, how I can contact support center via email?

Best Answer

• Djoker
    Answer ✓
    Dear Cristal,

I sent email on”send message” like you adviced me, explain all particulars, got automatical answer and what now??

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,147

You should directly contact our support via email or via phone at 1-646-658-3695 and let them know that your card details have been compromised in order to immediately block it and to prevent anyone else to use it.

• Djoker
    Dear Cristale,

Is there some DIRECT email adress where I can write because I can not solve my problem on this way?

Thank you for your response
  • [Deleted User]

There is no possibility to provide the direct email of the representatives, but the link i provided you in the previous email is the direct link, make sure to choose the correct reason in order for your request to be escalated, meaning to be in higher priority. Also, you can contact the support via chat which is also a direct way to communicate with us.

• Djoker
    Dear Cristal,

Thank you for your support. Problem via your link is because there is not option for my reason and I getting automatical answers and can not solve my problem on that way..
  • [Deleted User]
    edited February 2018

There is an option to choose the topic and the subtopic; once you click on the contact link, you have the option to click on "Log in" or "continue" which is located underneath in grey.

If you click on continue, you can choose if sending a message or communicate via chat etc...
    you need to choose "send message" then a new window will open and this is where you'll enter your details and the topic.

If you received an automatic answer that doesn't address your issue, you should simply reply to it with the reason why you contacted us, but remember that you can also use the chat.

• Djoker
    Dear Cristal,

I sent email on”send message” like you adviced me, explain all particulars, got automatical answer and what now??
  • [Deleted User]

you should wait to receive an answer but in case the automated answer does not answer your question just reply to it back.

• Kizaru
    Kizaru Member Posts: 8
    There are so many topics regarding card abuse and Payoneer don't even want to send you an email notification once you (or hackers) use the card so you can react as quickly as possible. Every bank and service out there sends you an SMS with a confirmation, or gives you a 2fa security option, none of that is provided from Payoneer.

I wonder how many people need to stop using their service until they realise it's one of basic security steps which literally every other service provides.
  • [Deleted User]

We have a strict security protocol that works to prevent such situations of happening, We do have a security system that aims to detect fraudulent activities. As soon as a transaction might be recognized as unauthorized, an email is automatically sent to the account holder; first of all informing of the transaction and second of all asking him to verify if it was done by their consent.

In most cases when our team senses the transaction is unauthorized, the card is automatically blocked and there is no possibility of opening it for security reasons. We do not have control over such unfortunate situations but we do try to keep a close eye on it. If you have any additional questions about it, you are welcome to contact us so we can shade some light on it .

• Kizaru
    Kizaru Member Posts: 8
    What if the system fails to detect fraudulent activity, which obviously happened a number of times?

Wouldn't it be more secure and convenient for both Payoneer and customers to add at least one more layer of protection, like SMS or email confirmation before checkout? Security token?

All global payment services use at least one if not all three, even Facebook and Instagram implemented it.
  • [Deleted User]

Thank you for the feedback, it will be forwarded to the relevant team and taken into consideration in order to try and implement it in the future.