Thank you for visiting our Community Forum. For anything community-related please visit our SMB Network (https://www.payoneer.com/community/) or Resource Hub (https://www.payoneer.com/resources/). For support inquiries please visit http://paynr.co/ask.

ATM did not dispense cash - amount still stuck - Conditional reversal!

Asyr
Asyr Member Posts: 1
I went to withdraw my amount using my payoneer card on 2nd Feb 2018 from ATM in Pakistan. I made my first transaction and I got the amount, when I attempted for second transaction, the ATM showed GENERAL PROCESSING ERROR, and the ATM did not dispense cash. I thought it as a general error and came home thinking that the amount wouldn’t have been charged. On returning home, when I checked my card, both the transactions were charged instead of one. I immediately asked the people here at the Bank (associated with the ATM) and they said the issue is from payoneer. Being a customer, I contacted Payoneer for assistance. After frequent back and forth communication they sent me a cashback dispute form, which was immediately filled by me and sent. I was told to wait for 90 days almost for the reversal of amount. My payment was stuck just because of an error which was not even due to my mistake. To my surprise, instead of reassuring that my amount will be reverted as soon as possible, I have received an email that “IF YOU WON THE DISPUTE YOUR AMOUNT WILL BE REVERSED.”
Can anybody here guide what this “IF” is for? Is this some kind of lucky draw that I am participating in? My amount got stuck due to an error from Payoneer, and in addition to the prolong waiting that have been imposed on me, I am asked to play this LUCK-AND-WIN game, where I am entitled to get my amount back only IF I WIN???? What will happen to my amount in case I lose? This is total havoc and this statement of winning and losing is adding to my agony.
I hereby request you to kindly facilitate the reversal of my amount, as it has already been held by system WITHOUT MY FAULT and being a loyal customer it is my right to claim my stuck amount without worrying about winning or losing.

Comments

• techguyit
    techguyit Member Posts: 44 ✭✭

I also got the same issue and it was reversed automatically within 2 bussiness days to payoneer

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,147
    edited February 2018

The dispute process usually takes up to 90 days.
    The process is a form of customer protection that enable our institution to investigate such situations where a technical issues occur for example, and eventually refund the account. however, this process do require our chargeback department to first investigate.

• saduser
    saduser Member Posts: 1
    I am experiencing the same issue now.
    I have tried to withdraw a certain sum of money from a local ATM and as stated above, the ATM operator has blocked my funds and directed me towards Payoneer.
    Funny enough, on the day of the issue I spoke to a Customer Advisor from Payoneer, who wrongly directed me back to the bank and reassured me that the funds will be back within 10 days.
    Although it was clear that the actual transaction was in dispute, they still allowed the bank to process it the following day.
    DISGUSTING service from Payoneer, to now find out that I am conditioned to wait, for up to 90 days, although this is by no means my fault.
    I am wondering, how the great people over at Payoneer would react if half their earnings for a month are blocked for up to 90 days.
    Although I have asked Payoneer repeatedly to expedite this matter, this still have not even replied to my chargeback request. Realistically I now consider that the Payoneer Customer Advisors are really bad at what they do, due to the lack of training and empathy that they show.
    Payoneer itself is doing an awful job of sorting out issues, I mean if it is clear from the get go (original Payoneer Advisor stated that he can see that there has been an issue with the Internet connection of the ATM) why doesn't Payoneer simply recharge my card with my outstanding funds, and then proceed to recover the funds themselves.
    If the process takes 90 days, then who is going to reimburse me for my time (spent trying to resolve this issue), for the increases that I will see in my bills (because of not paying them) and the general stress that I am facing?
    This is something that has happened to others that I know and use Payoneer, and I find it extraordinary that I am reading about people with issues like this from 2012, how does Payoneer justify this being still an issue?
    Please expedite ticket 181112-009743 and provide me with a clear timeline, please do this as soon as possible.
    Thank you.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,147
    edited November 2018

What happened is that the ATM did not dispense the funds, it can happen when there is a loss of connection between Payoneer/Mastercard with the ATM bank operator. Because the transaction has been charged, we need to dispute the transaction. The timeframe for that type of process is 90 days since it has to be reviewed by the different companies and institutions we work with.