Payment rejected, funds released

colo1846colo1846 Posts: 4Member
Good day,

I hope you can help me on this, it is the very first time it happens to me:

I made a purchase online for a considerable amount of money, but the payment was rejected and the money is not anymore in my account. What should I do to get that money back into my card account? It is a big amount to me and it would really affect me to lose it.

Thank you in advance,
Felipe

Comments

• Cristale_PayoneerCristale_Payoneer Posts: 719Administrator ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Dear @colo1846 The transaction is probably on pre-authorization. A pre-authorization occurs when the merchant places the amount of the transaction or a certain amount on hold to verify that there are enough funds on the card to cover the transaction and then charges the amount. But because the transaction was rejected, it is apparently still pending authorization. Depending on the transaction type, funds can be held anywhere from 7 days to 30 days.

You can view the transactions in pre-authorization on your online account, under the menu "activity",click on "transactions" and you will be able to check the transactions in pre-authorization in the "Upcoming transactions" sections.
    In order to verify when is the released date of the transaction, you can directly contact the support!

In case the transaction is not on pre-authorization, you should contact the merchant directly.