Manage Currencies - Why is local currency not supported ?

Can anyone please explain why I get this message ?

At this time, we don’t support transferring to a balance whose currency is the same as your local currency

Basically I want convert USD to EURO (euro is my local currency) because I ordered a MC (Master Card) that allows me to use EURO.

Sadly the company that I work with pays me in USD and as I recon they will not pay me in EURO, but what is strange to me is if lets say I got payed in EURO I would probably be able to use my money from the MC that I have, but why on earth am I able to convert USD to any currency except for the one that I need ?!

This means I have a EURO MC that I can not top up in any other way besides my company that can transfer EURO to me....if not then there is no other way to use my Payoneer EURO MC ?

I have to say Payoneer is a awesome company so far everything was ok, thats why I ordered their card, but with this issue I am just shocked. This is a very big inconvenience ! I will probably need to cancel my MC as I cant use it and still probably will need to pay for it somehow....

Comments

• TomFromLTTomFromLT Member Posts: 3
    Hi Dan, thanks for the reply. So you are telling me even if I activated my MC but I will not get any money there and would not use it as I cant use it in any way, I will not be billed the annual fee ?

Also since you are the admin, can you perhaps answer my initial question ? Why I get this message when I try to convert USD to Euro ?

" At this time, we don’t support transferring to a balance whose currency is the same as your local currency "

Of course I understand that all of this is because my local currency is Euro, but why does Payoneer have this policy ? why do you not support transferring to a balance whose currency is the same as my local currency ?
  • TomFromLTTomFromLT Member Posts: 3
    Ok so the only real reason is that Payoneer is currently tailored for business service instead of both business and private sector. Well I guess I will have to wait and see if you guys change to policy in the future so that it would be beneficial for simple people too.

Im happy that there is hope that in the future I will be able to convert USD to EURO

Thanks Dan