Bank rejected transfer from Payoneer as they did not put in reference. Payoneer keeping my money

PeterLPeterL Posts: 7Member
I transferred to my bank but Payoneer did not put in my reference and bank rejected the transfer. Payoneer has had my money for a month and I have had no response to support tickets about when it will be returned to me.

Comments

• Cristale_PayoneerCristale_Payoneer Posts: 1,019Administrator ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @PeterL What do you mean by "Payoneer did not put in my reference"? if the payment is rejected it basically returns to your balance and so, the funds should be in your account.

• PeterLPeterL Posts: 7Member
    Correct it should be back in my balance my bank sent it back on the 23/10/18 as Payoneer did not put the reference with the payment as it went straight into the banks card payments account which meant I had to put my card number as the reference, when it was transfered Payoneer did not include the reference so when the bank received they did not know who it belonged to, so they sent it back to Payoneer and you still have not returned it back to my account.
  • EdwinPayoneerEdwinPayoneer Posts: 114Confirm Email, Member, Administrator ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @PeterL . I am so sorry to hear about this bank transfer that has not returned yet. Generally it can take some time for the reversal of the funds to get to us. At very most it can be a full 30 days before the bank reversal is in our system.

The money takes just a long to get back to your account as it takes to deposit into my account the first time. The problem is Payoneer either holds onto my money to use it for their own purposes or their internal processes are woefully not up to standard.
  • EdwinPayoneerEdwinPayoneer Posts: 114Confirm Email, Member, Administrator ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I assure you this is not the case @PeterL. If you would like more information about this transfer specifically I invite you to contact our customer care team so they can advise further on this. It may be possible for them to report your case to our bank team and open an investigation.

I would not have had this problem at all if my original debit card application which had all correct documents was not forgotten and support actual answered my questions when I followed up about the delay. Once again appears that Payoneers internal processes are woefully not up to standard.
    Payoneer customer care has the query ticket logged for the past 5 days and I have not heard a thing.
    customer support reference 181102-005409
    all quite again in customer care

Hi @PeterL . In general email support has a 2-3 business day reply time. I am sorry about the wait on that. At the moment we are only able to wait until the bank returns the funds. As soon as we have this you should see that reflected in your account. Ideally this will be soon, but this is unfortunately not something we can control or help in expediting. If you have any more specific questions about this transfer or its return, I would invite you to send me a private message and I can check on this further for you.