Thank you for visiting our Community Forum. For anything community-related please visit our SMB Network (https://www.payoneer.com/community/) or Resource Hub (https://www.payoneer.com/resources/). For support inquiries please visit http://paynr.co/ask.

3D Secure for payoneer card

Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb

Comments

• Nissim
    Nissim Administrator Posts: 3,602 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
  • perseus777
    perseus777 Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
  • Nissim
  • perseus777
    edited March 2013
  • Nissim
  • perseus777
  • Nissim
    edited March 2013
  • kikookik
    kikookik Member Posts: 6
  • Nissim
  • TristanP
    TristanP Member Posts: 49 ✭✭
  • Ermingut
    Ermingut Member Posts: 3
  • Nissim
  • gf2012
    gf2012 Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
  • conrey
    conrey Member Posts: 2
  • Ivzel
    Ivzel Member Posts: 1
  • andrey.chorniy
    andrey.chorniy Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
  • Bagaiev
    Bagaiev Member Posts: 4
    Nissim, on March 2013 you mentioned that you are looking into it with high urgency. Since 1.5 years passed looks like you decided not to implement it. In Ukraine and Russia most of the payments require 3d secure, and thus we are not able to use Payoneer card as "general" Master Card. Here it is just ATM card, not more than that. And it is frustrating that there isn't any fair comments from you.
  • igorium
    igorium Member Posts: 1
    Hello. It's 2017, how's progress on adding 3D secure?
    Maybe you could do it via application to save on text messages.
  • unostar
    unostar Member Posts: 4
    2018. No 3D Secure.
  • Bluegap
    Bluegap Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2018
    Online shops in Indonesia also need 3D secure now.
    About 7 days ago I still can use the card, and just found out yesterday I can't use it anymore.

Please add this to debit card......... 5 years since request.......... :(
  • lukacool
    lukacool Member Posts: 4
    This isn't actually protecting you in any way. even if they implement this. PayPal (I'm just making an example) is not using Verified by VISA nor 3D secure. It's up to merchant whether they want to validate card using that additional verification or not. It doesn't prevent any card misuse on Amazon or many many other sites. So, whether the merchant will use 3D secure depends on them and if the card supports it.
    I have a card with 3D secure from my local bank and I'm talking from experience. I rarely see merchant supporting 3D secure.
    The better concern for me is plastic peeling off my card after just a month of use. The card quality is terrible. The nice lady from Payoneer chat issued a new one for me free of charge which I can activate when this one becomes unusable. The main reason for this is lack of PayPass, because each time I make a payment sticking card into the reader, makes it start peeling off. People at stores handling cards don't care, and they insert it roughly as they can.
  • namp80
    namp80 Member Posts: 1
    Oct 2018 and still nothing with this request.

Even though this depends on merchant, We are unavailable to buy if the merchant do this verification. So, PLEASE ADD THIS FUNCTIONALITY or at least give us an explanation of why it hasn't been done or can't be.
  • seolinker
    seolinker Member Posts: 2
    August 2019 and unfortunately still nothing. It's really a problem to pay anything online in our domestics countries. It's really everywhere today. Maybe with Amazon or Ali Express all is fine, but there are world of e-commerce outside them, I do see messages in your Help/FAQ that it will be really done soon and you need to have your primary mobile attached. Ok, so please do ASAP;) Thanks!
  • KazPayoneer
    KazPayoneer Confirm Email, Member, Administrator Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for your feedback.

Like with MFA, we do hear your feedback and are submitting it to the appropriate people. Hope to be able to provide 3DSecure protection on the cards at some point.

• seolinker
    seolinker Member Posts: 2
    I do not know what MFA is here, probably something like Multi-Factor-Authorization to account of Payoneer, if so it's really here with SMS confirmation before access along with login/password. Chip also already there, it was there even in 2014 - 5 years ago. I see that card even have MasterCard PayPass which is also really cool and somewhat unexpected since my last card. But 3D Secure is kinda old feature and still not there.
  • ivanlen
    ivanlen Member Posts: 2
    Its incredible that this feature is still missing in Payoneer cards
  • OceanGravity
    OceanGravity Member Posts: 5
    Do you have an ETA?> @KazPayoneer said:
    > Thanks for your feedback.
    >
    > Like with MFA, we do hear your feedback and are submitting it to the appropriate people. Hope to be able to provide 3DSecure protection on the cards at some point.

Do you have an ETA?
This discussion has been closed.