Using Payoneer Card For Transactions - Chargeback

geminigemini Member Posts: 1
edited November 2011 in Ask The Community
Hello,
I'm just wondering if using your card for online payments is safe like with normal bank?
E.g. If I pay for some service/product with normal bank card then in case I don't get service, or in case card stolen in normal bank I could do chargeback and get my money back.
Is the same situation with you? Or not?
I'm asking because while ago I've been using epassporte and my card number was stolen somehow - they only blocked card, but couldn't do chargeback - lost some money because of that.

Answers

• NissimNissim Head of Community Administrator Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    gemini wrote:

Hello,
    I'm just wondering if using your card for online payments is safe like with normal bank?
    E.g. If I pay for some service/product with normal bank card then in case I don't get service, or in case card stolen in normal bank I could do chargeback and get my money back.
    Is the same situation with you? Or not?
    I'm asking because while ago I've been using epassporte and my card number was stolen somehow - they only blocked card, but couldn't do chargeback - lost some money because of that.

Hey,

While we do recommend that you attempt to resolve any issues or disputes directly with the merchant, as it is often times easier and quicker for you, we do offer support in disputing fraudulent charges made to an account.

For more details you can go to http://www.payoneer.com/contactUs.aspx and type in "dispute a charge" to the instant answers tool.
  • TaliaTalia Moderator Member Posts: 428 ✭✭
    Just to clarify, though, in the event of a chargeback, you are first required to go through the merchant himself so they can issue the chargeback.
    Talia
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 179

Hi there,

Please note that the card you are using to link with Paypal needs to have at least $1-$3 on it.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,148

Once you'll reach the minimum of $3-$5 you will be able to link your card on PayPal.

It really depends of Amazon, in some cases they have restrictions on prepaid cards, i suggest you directly contact Amazon to verify that matter.

edited October 2018

Dear @SulePayoneer There is an annual maintenance fee that is usually charged in up to one year from the moment at which the card has been activated and if you have sufficient funds in that specific currency for the fee to be charged. The annual fee is 29.95USD.
    To view all applicable account fees, simply sign in to your Payoneer online account and click on the “Pricing & Fees" tab located under the "Help" menu. Please note that different card programs will have different fees.