Privacy of sender 2

From a previous post:

Q: "I would like to know what information about me the recipient will see when I load or transfer funds into someone's card. Thanks."

A: "Are you referring to private loads? For private loading, the recipient will see only your name; your method of payment, e-mail, and personal information is not disclosed, for security reasons.

The name displayed would be from the loader information (personal information) and not the name on the method of payment."

Using the "load money to card" option from the homepage, is it possible not to give out my real name to a sendee? It says the "personal details" section is used to confirm debit card so I think I need to give my real name and you say this is then given to the sendee. Is there a way of making payments without giving out my real name?

Comments

• DavidDavid Posts: 3,556Member ✭✭

In order to process the payment we need you to provide us with your real name and details. However, this information is not shared with the payee, it is for our use.

• oplkop09oplkop09 Posts: 4Member

Thanks but Nissim said under the "privacy of sender" topic a few months ago that the name you enter under personal information which I think means the "personal details" section which states it's for credit card verification, that this name is indeed given to the receiver. Is this correct or not?

From a few months ago:

Q: I would like to know what information about me the recipient will see when I load or transfer funds into someone's card. Thanks.

A: Are you referring to private loads? For private loading, the recipient
    will see only your name; your method of payment, e-mail, and personal
    information is not disclosed, for security reasons.

Q: yes, I am talking about private load. The name on the credit card or the First, last name on under "Personal Details"?

A: The name displayed would be from the loader information (personal information) and not the name on the method of payment.

Thanks

• DavidDavid Posts: 3,556Member ✭✭

I apologize, I misunderstood your question.

The answer given to you previously was correct.

For private loading, the recipient will see only your name; your method of payment, e-mail, and personal information is not disclosed, for security reasons.

The name displayed would be from the loader information (personal information) and not the name on the method of payment.

Hi,

can I ask now whether it's possible to send cash via payoneer without giving out the name on the credit card verification ie your real name to any receiver?

Thanks for your responses!

• NissimNissim Head of Community Posts: 4,013Administrator ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

When you are making a private load, you need to enter your real name. This is true for both the personal information, and the method of payment information. 

As a fully regulated US company, we must comply with strict rules and regulations related to online payments. This prohibits the use of any fake or invalid information.

Nissim
    Director of Community at Payoneer

Oh I don't have a problem entering my real name and I think almost everyone doesn't mind giving their details to established professional businesses. But the huge variety of people you might send to is a different issue, even if it's just your real name and not all your details. Well I think paypal is the same, they'll give the receiver your real name and not allow you to give them an alias. I'm not sure what the reason is.

Thanks for all your responses.

It's an issue related to compliance and KYC regulations. I can assure you that your personal information and method of payments are not disclosed, and we take privacy of information very seriously. Only your name will be made available to the person you are paying, which is required.

Nissim
  • rezavorezavo Posts: 2Member
    If personal information and method of payments are not disclosed can the name that is made available to the person i am paying be an alias or codename?
    If you are sending funds to a Payoneer account holder, or making a credit card load, you must provide your real name. We do not support the use of an alias or codename.
    Nissim
  • rezavorezavo Posts: 2Member
    Yes, I understand you must provide your legal name when sending funds. My question is related to the information disclosed to the receiver of the funds and the use of an alias or codename for that purpose. In an earlier post it is stated that “I can assure you that your personal information and method of payments are not disclosed.” A real legal name is personal information as a google search on that name will return your Facebook, LinkedIn, address, phone number, and if your employer has an online employee directory your employer, work phone, work fax, department, and co-workers (unless your name is John Smith for example). All of which I would consider to be “personal information.”