Is it possible to open a payoneer account with a bank account of my relative?

alexplalexpl Posts: 6Member
edited February 6 in Ask The Community
Can I use someone other's bank account and give some additional documents (what exactly?) as said in description while registering?

Best Answer

Answers

• alexplalexpl Posts: 6Member
    Do I need to have some amount on my bank account to do this?
  • EdwinPayoneerEdwinPayoneer Posts: 345Confirm Email, Member, Administrator ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @alexpl . I have merged your questions into one forum to make it easier for you to see both answers:)

It is definitely possible to use a bank account with no balance on it to open your Payoneer account. The bank account is only for purposes of receiving funds, so it will never be expected that funds would be transferred from your personal bank to your Payoneer account.

It is also possible to use the bank account of a relative/friend or family member. The documents needed to verify this may vary on the case by case basis so we really can not advise what is needed exactly.

When registering the account just make sure you use your own information for the Payoneer application, then specify the bank account owners name on the bank registration page.

Hopefully this cleared up any doubts you may have but feel free to message us again if you have any other questions.

Thank you for your answer. If I will connect account of my mother will scans of two our passports and of certificate of birth be sufficient?
    edited February 7
    I've already had a Payoneer account, unfortunately It was created with a wrong bank account. How can I replace it if there is "review pending" on bank settings? And also I cannot add an another one but I am from Ukraine and not india. But still have a limit 1.
  • EdwinPayoneerEdwinPayoneer Posts: 345Confirm Email, Member, Administrator ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 7

@alexpl said:
    I've already had a Payoneer account, unfortunately It was created with a wrong bank account. How can I replace it if there is "review pending" on bank settings? And also I cannot add an another one but I am from Ukraine and not india. But still have a limit 1.

Hi @alexpl. You would need to contact our customer support team to change the bank account. You can send them an email by clicking here. Someone should respond to your request within 3 business days.

Noone contacted me so far. Please help me. I've sent several requests and got an auto no-reply messages only. I still cannot change bank account and I can't get a bank document that is asked for. Why scan of requisites of bank data is not enough?
    Ok.I will gather all required documents first. Thank you for your support.