Payment Waiting for Approval... At the Worst Possible Time

Just a quick gripe, as it's Saturday and the phone lines and live support are closed and I need to vent a little panicked rage...

Every month I receive a payment from Amazon through the US Payment Service, always around the last few days of the month.  The payment usually goes through without a hitch, but twice now I've seen the dreaded 'Payment waiting for approval' notification on my payments page.  This is the one that's plaguing me now:

Payment ID: 6370120 Payment Date (EST.): 03/28/2013 18:37
Payment Status:Payment waiting for approvalICO-Pending.png 

Amount to Load: $4610.99 (applicable fees will apply) 
Loader details: Payoneer Direct Deposit Payroll

Usually it's no big deal, but in 24 hours I have to fly from Bangkok to Shanghai, and the payment (which was already a couple of days late to arrive) is locked up just inches from my grasp.  Without it I can't pay for my hostel on my arrival, or clear the bill for the hostel I'm in now.  I can't pay for the taxi to and from the airport and, perhaps most pressingly, I can't afford to pay for food or drinks until the payment is cleared.  As this is the Easter weekend I can expect to wait until Tuesday before the payment is processed, and I'm not sure I can go three more days without a meal.  It's no one's problem but my own, but you can understand why I'm a little concerned.

Here's my question:

Why has the payment been held up?  It came from Amazon, a company from which you've chosen to receive payments for the US Payment Service.  I receive deposits from this source every month, and have since I joined the program last May.  Why the hold up now?  Surely once an account has received a deposit from a new source any subsequent deposits should go through immediately.  

Anyway, I'm glad to get that off my chest before phoning everyone I know in the city who might be able to lend me a little cash.  I'm sure the support staff are off work for Easter, but if any admin spots this I'd give you my first born if you can get me out of this jam and process the deposit today.

Comments

• NissimNissim Head of Community Posts: 4,013Administrator ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Whenever a payment is received, it passes through an automated system. In the large majority of cases the payment is funded automatically, however in some cases a manual review is required before it can be funded. Your US Payment Service is already enabled and verified, and as you mentioned the payment is from a company on our white list of approved senders. In this case it would be a quick review before the payment is funded to your card.

While we understand that these procedures may at times be frustrating, Payoneer is a fully regulated US company and is required to comply with various online payment regulations. These procedures are necessary in order to ensure the financial security of both Payoneer and our account holders.

We do have some staff out of the office during the holiday, however all departments will continue to operate throughout the holiday. You should be receiving an update regarding this payment within the next 24-48 hours. As this is a sensitive time for you, I will check to see if there is any way to have it funded sooner.

Nissim
    Director of Community at Payoneer
  • sortapunditsortapundit Posts: 3Member

Thanks for the reply, Nissim :)  I'll continue to refresh my account page obsessively until the moment I leave :P

Now would be a good time to refresh ;)

Nissim
  • sortapunditsortapundit Posts: 3Member

Nissim, you're an absolute superstar :)  Thank you so, so much for your help.  As promised I'll have my first born delivered to your office, just as soon as he or she is, y'know, born and stuff.  Thanks again :)

edited April 2013

Haha, good deal; may take you up on that!

Glad I could help :thumbsu:

Nissim
  • VamesVames Posts: 16Member ✭✭

I smiled while reading this. You guys have good customer support. keep it up.

However, I must add, why the manual review if there is an automated process that seems to do things faster? I think Payoneer need to look into this, and also consider that many of us have families and other responsibilities to take care of that requires a faster loading system so we won't get kicked out by or landlords or have the electricity company take drastic measures.

I myself is waiting for payments to hit my card, however, I'll try and be patient. A while back, I had to wait a long time to get paypal check cleared, so I am grateful for what Payoneer is doing. Just wished the process was a little bit faster.

@Vames: The large majority of US Payment Service payments are funded automatically. However, rules and regulations regarding online payments require that we have certain security procedures in place, and as such a small amount of payments do require a manual review. This generally occurs within 24 hours of the payment being received, and no later than 1-2 business days.

We do understand that all matters relating to pending funds are time sensitive, however at the same time we need to ensure the financial security of both Payoneer and our account holders. It's a fine line between balancing the two, and we try to do our best to have as good a user experiencing as possible (while still complying with all applicable online payment regulations and security procedures).

Nissim

While I do have an approval pending, I'll wait for Payoneer security checks, I won't bother giving you my transaction number. I'm the unknown ninja :sword: