Thank you for visiting our Community Forum. For anything community-related please visit our SMB Network (https://www.payoneer.com/community/) or Resource Hub (https://www.payoneer.com/resources/). For support inquiries please visit http://paynr.co/ask.

Echeck Issue

straiyan
straiyan Member Posts: 2
Hi, I've recently sent a payment of 500$ to my friend via paypal. But, after the transaction, I realized that, the payment was issued as an eCheck set to clear 8th May using my payoneer linked bank account. I don't have that amount in my payoneer. I'd like to know if there will be any issues? Can i cancel it? If so, How?

Answers

• jonty5
    jonty5 Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

I faced similar situation.
    You can't cancel that process. Also Paypal will remove your linked bank account and might limit your paypal account.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,302

Hi there

I hope I understood you correctly so please correct me if not- You received an Echeck payment of $500 to your Payoneer Account that you wish cancelled?

• frozen_penguin
    frozen_penguin Member Posts: 2
    > @straiyan said:
    > Hi, I've recently sent a payment of 500$ to my friend via paypal. But, after the transaction, I realized that, the payment was issued as an eCheck set to clear 8th May using my payoneer linked bank account. I don't have that amount in my payoneer. I'd like to know if there will be any issues? Can i cancel it? If so, How?

Hey Strayan,

What happened afterward? Did they remove your payoneer account?
  • KazPayoneer
    KazPayoneer Confirm Email, Member, Administrator Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Just want to state for the record here that at no point can you use your Payoneer account (or the bank accounts that we provide) to send payments. It is not a real bank account, so if you list your Global Payment Service bank as a payment option, you can only receive funds, not send. Funds do not come out of your Payoneer account.

As PayPal tries to pull funds from these bank accounts, it recognizes an error with it, and it typically goes and blocks the bank account.

For any confirmation on this please ask PayPal of their procedure in this case.

Thanks

• straiyan
    straiyan Member Posts: 2
    > @frozen_penguin said:
    > > @straiyan said:
    > > Hi, I've recently sent a payment of 500$ to my friend via paypal. But, after the transaction, I realized that, the payment was issued as an eCheck set to clear 8th May using my payoneer linked bank account. I don't have that amount in my payoneer. I'd like to know if there will be any issues? Can i cancel it? If so, How?
    >
    > Hey Strayan,
    >
    > What happened afterward? Did they remove your payoneer account?

What happened next was catastrophe. Payoneer told, they can't do anything about it. Paypal told to contact Payoneer. After the due date passed, payoneer blocked my account, paypal freezed my money till november, I now have to obtain a us bank bank account to withdraw the money and close my paypal forever. Which if you're not an us citizen and not living in the us, is a painful process.
  • GianmarcoPayoneer
    GianmarcoPayoneer Confirm Email, Administrator Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@straiyan Hello,

We do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. If your situation is still persisting please send us a private message in order to discuss your case in detail.

Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.